5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirelli AT’s: 34” and 48lb

tfdickson

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I‘ve got a black 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and at about 15,000 miles in the only thing I don’t love about the truck is the tires. The stock Bridgestone Dueler’s traction is poor in just about any situation other than dry pavement and the 275/55/20 size just looks small to me. In looking for options I came across these:

At 34.1” this is the size I’m looking for (275 width is fine) and at 48lb they should be better than the almost universal E rated tires in this size when it comes to MPG’s and ride. I don’t tow so no concerns there.

Apparently this tire was made specifically for the Rivian pickup- lower weight, different tread compound, and lower rolling resistance than the E rated tire that Perelli also makes in this size. It seems to me that in my situation (no towing) what’s good for the Rivian would be good for my Ram as well.

Is the fact that it was made for the Rivian a reason not to consider it? Am I missing something? I realize that I may need or want to level the truck with the bigger tires but step one is picking the tires and I’ll go from there.

Thanks!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like a good tire with decent 50k warranty. Expensive for that size though. You're paying 35x12.5 price for a 34x11-ish (your post says 275/55 by the way, it should be 275/65). Pirelli makes good stuff, and the weight difference is significant. I'm looking at 295/70R18 KO2's, and they're heavy tires.

tfdickson

Reaction score
Yep, they are definitely expensive. If that’s the only downside I’m ok with it though, when it comes to important things I would rather overpay for the right item than underpay for the wrong one.

Florida RAM

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Looking for a decent set of 34" street tires, however I am more price conscious when it comes to tires. I always look at the lower end when I buy tires for all my cars and haven't had any problems with them. When I had BMWs, the tire guys were always pushing Pirelli's. I'm sure they are very good tires, but I am truly an old man behind the wheel. Never felt like I needed high-end performance tires. I have 275/60/20 (33") Hercules tires on my current truck. They are doing just fine.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That isn’t a bad price IMO. If you like them, then get them now before prices go up more. I bought a set of tires 1.5 months ago and just had to buy another tire due to a piece of solid cable going through the sidewall. The price of the tire has gone up $60 in 1.5 months from the same wholesale distributor.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That isn’t a bad price IMO. If you like them, then get them now before prices go up more. I bought a set of tires 1.5 months ago and just had to buy another tire due to a piece of solid cable going through the sidewall. The price of the tire has gone up $60 in 1.5 months from the same wholesale distributor.
yea I noticed an average of $40-50 increase across the board from a few months back

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you do get them I'd love to see a pic with it installed, especially before a level/lift if you do that too (if you can). I'd also like to know if you still have all of your air suspension travel and if you have any rub at any settings.

Hi everyone,

I‘ve got a black 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and at about 15,000 miles in the only thing I don’t love about the truck is the tires. The stock Bridgestone Dueler’s traction is poor in just about any situation other than dry pavement and the 275/55/20 size just looks small to me. In looking for options I came across these:

At 34.1” this is the size I’m looking for (275 width is fine) and at 48lb they should be better than the almost universal E rated tires in this size when it comes to MPG’s and ride. I don’t tow so no concerns there.

Apparently this tire was made specifically for the Rivian pickup- lower weight, different tread compound, and lower rolling resistance than the E rated tire that Perelli also makes in this size. It seems to me that in my situation (no towing) what’s good for the Rivian would be good for my Ram as well.

Is the fact that it was made for the Rivian a reason not to consider it? Am I missing something? I realize that I may need or want to level the truck with the bigger tires but step one is picking the tires and I’ll go from there.

Thanks!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's not a bad price considering what's happened to the price of tires lately. I bought my 305/55x20 Ridge Grapplers for $354 per tire last May and now they are $427.

tfdickson

Reaction score
If you do get them I'd love to see a pic with it installed, especially before a level/lift if you do that too (if you can). I'd also like to know if you still have all of your air suspension travel and if you have any rub at any settings.

Will definitely share pics. I think I could get away with 33” tires without the level but I have major doubts that 34” would work without rubbing.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies, I’ve learned a ton from this forum.

Dirtdoc

Reaction score
Nitto also makes the TG2 in this configuration. Ran those and they are to noisy. Also going to try the Pirelli's for the same reason. Fill the wheel well.

Jr22

Reaction score
Will definitely share pics. I think I could get away with 33” tires without the level but I have major doubts that 34” would work without rubbing.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies, I’ve learned a ton from this forum.
I have seen members fit a 35 on a stock air ride ram. Then again most 35's are a true 35 inch tire they usually measure a little over 34in. The weight of those tires are pretty good my 35X12.R Ridge Grapplers are 73Lbs each tire

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have seen members fit a 35 on a stock air ride ram. Then again most 35's are a true 35 inch tire they usually measure a little over 34in. The weight of those tires are pretty good my 35X12.R Ridge Grapplers are 73Lbs each tire
With levels and/or lifts? lol do the wheels even turn if it's in entry/exit?

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those scorpion at+ are a really nice tire. Aggressive looking, have the 3peak snow rating and are very quiet. I had them on my 1 ton for a while last year. Only sold them because they were a package set with some wheels I decided I didn’t like

tfdickson

Reaction score
Just ordered through tire rack. Expected June 3.

Did these come in? Not like I’ve been checking the calendar… 😂

My fun money doesn’t come in until late summer so I’m living vicariously for now.

Users who are viewing this thread