5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pickuptrucks.com 2018 Silverado VS 2019 Ram 1500

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought you guys might find this article interesting. Two takeaways I liked from the article:

"Their prices (including destination) — $47,435 for the Chevy and $49,120 for the Ram — were similar despite the trucks being equipped differently (see the chart below). The Chevrolet Silverado was more of an entry-level truck with a blackout appearance package and some towing options, while the Ram 1500 was a well-equipped Big Horn with optional tech gadgets and comfort equipment."

As I've been saying the Ram pricing is competitive.

"Even though the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 posted EPA ratings of 1 mpg higher across the board, the Ram 1500 edged it out in real-world testing. Some factors that may have worked in favor of the Ram include its lower weight, its eight-speed transmission, a numerically lower axle ratio and a highway-tread tire. However, it should be noted the Ram 1500 calls for mid-grade fuel with regular being acceptable, while the Chevrolet Silverado takes regular. The Chevrolet registered slightly more distance on its odometer over the drive route. The Silverado's trip computer's average fuel economy was higher than my calculated mpg average; the same was true of the Ram 1500."

Silverado 5.3 MPG is rated higher than the Ram with the 5.7, but in the real world the Ram beat it out slightly even though the Ram got caught in 2 miles of stop and go driving.

To read the whole article, click here.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the comparison. I have been thinking and saying all along that the Ram would be price comparitive and will do better in actual useage.

And once again it shows. The chevy used a cheaper truck (because most people only look at the sticker) and used a lesser engine with better "EPA" mileage...and by chance the Ram got a worse run...but still performed atleast as well (better)

Thanks again for the comparison. I sure hope plenty of people give Ram a chance so they can see what they have been missing
1f609.png
263a.png

D

Deleted member103

Slightly off topic, but Chevy / FCA related . . . AutoGuide has anew article indicating a "new" Chevy SUV - testing ! They're calling it the new BLAZER . . . but it sure has the silhouette of the Dodge Magnum ! ? ?

Users who are viewing this thread