5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone STAYS CONNECTED after exiting...

Dave_Drums

Reaction score
I tried to search this and didn’t see anything so please link if I missed.

I’m on my phone for work all day (iPhone 11). When I run an errand the truck does a good job of asking me if I want to transfer the call to UConnect. When I get back home and park there is no reminder so I’ve learned to make sure I hit transfer back to my headset. Fine, right... WRONG!!!

Last night I did exactly above. About 20 min later realized I left my wallet in the truck, which has been in my U shaped driveway near my front door and I’ve been in the living room so less than prob 30 - 40 ft the whole time. I walk out to the truck and see the screen is still on and is DISPLAYING MY CALL INFO!!! I came back in and used the remote to lock the truck and it stayed on. So I decided to walk to the back of my house hoping it would disconnect and that did seem to work.

Maybe I’m overreacting but I don’t think so. Imagine, you park at a gas station and need to grab something quick. Anyone walking could see and write down info. You’re an unfaithful spouse or sig other, or maybe you’re trying to plan something special for them or your kids. Whatever it is, when we transfer the call back to our phone and close the door the radio and display should turn off!!!

Anyone else notice this?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me just a couple days ago. I received a call right before I shout off the truck. I had already hung up the call and I shut down the truck, but my radio display stayed on and the phone screen was showing. I got out, locked the doors with the remote and turned off the Bluetooth on my phone but the radio display was still on with the phone screen. I had to open the truck and, put it to ACC, and power off the radio to get the screen to clear. That is the first time that I noticed it happen.

David525

Reaction score
I has the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. The second time I was still sitting in the truck when I finished my call, around ten minutes passed after I turned the ignition off. I pushed every button on the screen with no response. I never cycled the ignition but when I pushed the power button the radio powered down. My guess is they designed it that way so when the ignition is turned off you can continue the phone call even after the power down time has expired. Now I make it a habit now to push the power button after I exit the truck and was on the phone. Works even when still on the phone and exiting the truck, it transfers the call back to the phone.

David525

Reaction score
Researching in the Uconnect manual this is all I could find.
ECD8D9EA-0AA6-4139-A537-3CA7106365DF.jpeg

Dave_Drums

Reaction score
I has the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. The second time I was still sitting in the truck when I finished my call, around ten minutes passed after I turned the ignition off. I pushed every button on the screen with no response. I never cycled the ignition but when I pushed the power button the radio powered down. My guess is they designed it that way so when the ignition is turned off you can continue the phone call even after the power down time has expired. Now I make it a habit now to push the power button after I exit the truck and was on the phone. Works even when still on the phone and exiting the truck, it transfers the call back to the phone.
That’s a great idea. I’ll definitely give that a shot

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
That’s interesting. Never thought of that being an issue. I’ll bet it never will be. For me at least. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread