5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone not connecting on Bluetooth

Moosefire66

Reaction score
So I've had my 2019 for a couple months now with no problems, but now for some reason when I make a call, it doesn't automatically connect via blue tooth. I tried restarting the truck, un-pairing the devices and re-pairing twice with no success. I even checked the settings on the radio to make sure I didn't mess with it by accident.

Now, for full disclosure, I have a 3 year old who likes to mess with stuff, So it's fully possible that my phone is the problem not the truck. That being said, I checked the settings on my Bluetooth and everything appears to be fine. When I click on the "uconnect " option, it says audio connected, just not calls. When I click the call button, it turns itself off immediately. I'm hoping this is an easy fix, but hoping someone out there experienced this before and can help

2019 ram bighorn v-6
5 inch radio
Samsung s21 phone

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Haha, it wasn't my first choice, but I have a 3 year old and another on the way... I bought this used 4 months ago for 28k. All of the other trucks then (if you could find one) were going for much more than blue book, so I settled for this one just because it was a crew cab, which I needed for the 2 car seats to fit well in the back. Not my best decision, but got a nearly new truck for what I thought was a fair price

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Here's pics too which I forgot to post
590d44deec9a2559d36da66743f69c35.jpg
db2f37f2354e988a30beceaef81c8e14.jpg
aaf838000b092a9cd8f6b3b0959e0ecf.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What happens when you click the toggle button on the phone screen for calls?

Moosefire66

Reaction score
What happens when you click the toggle button on the phone screen for calls?
It just turns itself back off.

Fir whatever reason today it worked flawlessly all day. Mightve just been a glitch in the truck or my phone...

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grab your phone and try this. Go to settings > apps > Uconnect then storage and cache > clear out your storage and cache. Remove the phone from the Uconnect system on the truck. Reboot your phone. Pair everything up again and make sure the phone slider is on. Also, check your phone settings on the truck too, you could have the phone/calls option disabled on the truck.

Boston

Reaction score
It’s your Samsung. They are notorious for failing the BT test. OS updates screw them up and you have to wait for the updates to the update to fix

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Grab your phone and try this. Go to settings > apps > Uconnect then storage and cache > clear out your storage and cache. Remove the phone from the Uconnect system on the truck. Reboot your phone. Pair everything up again and make sure the phone slider is on. Also, check your phone settings on the truck too, you could have the phone/calls option disabled on the truck.
This is what I ended up doing. Didn't work at first but next time I drove it she connected right away

sessman

Reaction score
I'm hoping this may have fixed my issue. I went into the uConnect app settings and noticed numerous permissions were off inlcluding "phone." I will check next time I drive. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread