5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone connectivity issue

Joshua022

Reaction score
Received my truck on Sunday afternoon and I have intermittent issues where when I plug my iPhone 8 cable into USB1 it doesn’t seem to recognize my phone. Other times CarPlay pops up immediately and there is no issue. I have tried other cables to rule that out and it continues to happen..

I won’t rule out it’s my older phone (work phone) either.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
... Other times CarPlay pops up immediately and there is no issue. I have tried other cables to rule that out and it continues to happen..
Same issue I have using AAuto - I've figured it down to the cable (it's magnetic); minor inconvenience with mag, but I can see that being a pain when plugging in.

Have you tried a newer/different cable?

Joshua022

Reaction score
Same issue I have using AAuto - I've figured it down to the cable (it's magnetic); minor inconvenience with mag, but I can see that being a pain when plugging in.

Have you tried a newer/different cable?
Yes tried the apple cable as well as a generic lightning cable. Same issue.

kbkillerbee

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with iphone 6 plus., sometimes carplay worked, other times it didn't. Got new phone (iphone 11) little over 2 months now, and have not had the issue since. Can not say what the issue was, but my only change was the new phone.

BlackRam07

Reaction score
I've got the same issue with my S10. Another thing I've noticed is when it connects via Bluetooth, it doesn't autoplay what I had going on last through the phone. In my 2016 bighorn, I would be listening to pandora and hop out go in the store or whatever.. get back in the truck and it would start right back.. in the 19 I hop out and when I come back it always kicks back to the radio...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Joshua022

Reaction score
Been several days now and no issues, so I'm wondering if there may have been a small push update via the truck or maybe Apple that fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread