5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHOENIX RADIO 13.6 INSTALL

Had to upgrade from UConnect. It was so terrible and I can’t believe that UConnect is still coming stock in these Rams..

Finally just pulled the trigger on a Phoenix Automotive 13.6.

First, unscrewed two torx screws from top of the stock radio and then pulled hard straight back. Unplugged all the wires from behind the stock unit and tried to remember what they went to.

Opened the new radio, sat down and followed along with the YouTube video on where to plug in all the wires at. Then took it inside my Ram, plugged in all the wires from the vehicle to the radio and snapped it back into place. Pretty satisfied right now..

Cons:
-I don’t have a SIM card to put into the radio so there’s no data. During the startup it always takes me to google maps and tells me “you seemed to have lost signal” then I have to press home and go to the app that allows CarPlay to connect. I really wish it just took me straight to CarPlay each startup.

-Came stock with a Jeep SUV as the default pic. I know I can change it, it’s just a little work and I didn’t want to have to do that.

- my phone calls are pretty bad. The other person can’t hear me when it’s connected. I have to put my actual phone on speaker phone and take it off the radio for them to hear me.

-Not sure why but when it’s connected it drains my phone battery a lot faster than ot ever has before. Even when I’ve used CarPlay on my wife’s car it’s nowhere near this dramatic.

Even with those cons, I’d still recommend. Anything was better than that terrible 3inch screen crap I had before. I’ll keep you all View attachment 178182View attachment 178183 updated.View attachment 178183View attachment 178184View attachment 178185View attachment 178186View attachment 178187View attachment 178188
I received mine on Friday and tried to install it yesterday. I followed the video on YouTube but had no backup camera, no steering wheel controls, no ac controls, nowhere to plug in the existing usb ports. Emailed them asking for details but they never responded. Do you know any tricks to make these things work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back