5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance chips/Tuners

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this but is this true and has someone upgraded the Chip and programming?

<h3>Performance Chip</h3>

Your Ram 1500 is an extremely powerful machine, even more powerful than you know. In order to meet specific regulations, the true performance of a pickup has to be dialed back at the factory.
But you can give yourself the ability to tap into all of that potential. With a performance chip or power programmer, you can bypass those factory settings and take things to a whole different level.
Bust out the extra ponies by optimizing your pickup’s settings and customizing its functionality. It’s time to go big or go home.

Chirp08

Reaction score
Ran a 91 octane tune on my '09 Hemi but didn't find the slight increase in power worth it compared to the fuel cost increase and mileage hit. That truck had 35s and a leveling kit so it wasn't exactly ideal for performance to begin with.

Currently running the Banks Derringer on my '14 Ecodiesel and despite expecting to be disappointed I can say for certain that was 100% worth doing. I just couldn't justify the cost of the GDE or PPEI tunes at 2-3x the price along with planning to eventually trade this truck in on the 5th gen. There is a significant increase in performance, picked up about 2mpg, and it helped with the throttle response. The power gains become very obvious in wet conditions. Now even with wider brand new tires (305/55 Terra Grapplers) it struggles for grip more than when I had zero tread left on my stock tires in the rain which = fun. You can easily spin them in the dry too but that's a lot of abuse on the drivetrain and wasted money on tread. One nice feature is that thanks to the integration into the OBD port it actually doesn't give you more power until the engine warms up. I

Users who are viewing this thread