5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum

FlyMike

Reaction score
I know a lot of people use this on here. It just went to $19.99/5qt jug on Amazon again.

I thought a thread would be a good way to alert other people when it goes on sale for those that aren't signed up for alerts. Post on here when you find a good deal.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of people use this on here. It just went to $19.99/5qt jug on Amazon again.

I thought a thread would be a good way to alert other people when it goes on sale for those that aren't signed up for alerts. Post on here when you find a good deal.
Same at Walmart!

ldoh

Reaction score
Also Pennzoil is offering a $10 rebate through Dec 31 bringing the price down to about $10. It pays to be a DIYer.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Also Pennzoil is offering a $10 rebate through Dec 31 bringing the price down to about $10. It pays to be a DIYer.

Participating retailers, Walmart - no good. I'm out of luck.

Creighton

Reaction score

I don't see Amazon in the authorized retailer list.

ldoh

Reaction score
The Pennzoil's authorized retailer search isn't working for me but I've used this rebate for both Amazon and Walmart in the past.

ldoh

Reaction score
I should add, I almost always pay less than $15 for those Pennzoil 5 gal synthetic oil jugs.

ldoh

Reaction score
According to slickdeals.com, Pennzoil severely trimmed the authorized retailer list to only farm stores. Before I learned that, I entered a number of zip codes from around the US without any luck (Miami, San Diego, Scottsdale,). After reading slickdeals I tried Omaha and sure enough, there was one obscure retailer. That's a weak rebate.

Jako

Reaction score
The Pennzoil's authorized retailer search isn't working for me but I've used this rebate for both Amazon and Walmart in the past.
Further down in the read - No Pack sizes, aka 3 - 5 qt at Walmart. I think with tax my 3 pack came to $86.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Further down in the read - No Pack sizes, aka 3 - 5 qt at Walmart. I think with tax my 3 pack came to $86.
Right now, it would cost less than $65 including tax at Walmart without the rebate for three 5-qt jugs. That’s solid.

Jako

Reaction score
Right now, it would cost less than $65 including tax at Walmart without the rebate for three 5-qt jugs. That’s solid.
(y) Nice update, tempting - just finished and have 8 qts. left from the 3 pak. Here we go. How long is oil good for?

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
How many qts does the Hemi v8 etorque take? I could go find the manual, but more fun to just ask, lol.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
(y) Nice update, tempting - just finished and have 8 qts. left from the 3 pak. Here we go. How long is oil good for?
Check out the tube for Project Farm. He has some really good real world tests on all kinds of things and just did one on 70 year old oil. I believe this oil was one of the winners in his remarkable oil testing.

The_Dude

Reaction score

According to Pennzoil, 4-5 years in a temperature controled environment with the bottle sealed. I bought some PUP recently and it was made in 2016 (bottom of jug has manufacturing date), sufficient to say I gave it back. Supposedly the add pack performance can't be guaranteed after that period of time. I just shake the jug and dump it into the engine.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out the tube for Project Farm. He has some really good real world tests on all kinds of things and just did one on 70 year old oil. I believe this oil was one of the winners in his remarkable oil testing.
I watch all of his videos they are very informative .

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never can find in stock for the Ultra cannot a chance to find in 0/20 for the Scat Pack ):

Users who are viewing this thread