5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow, 15 and change is pretty cheap for 5 quarts of full synthetic

What's the consensus for an oil filter these days OEM, Wix, otherwise?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not a Mobil1 fan. I think there are much better oils out there now but Mobil1 used to be the bomb. Just bought two 5 qt. jugs of 0W20 Pennzoil Platinum for my daughters SUV and two 5 qt. jugs of 5W30 for my wife's car at $16 each...hell of a deal! Found it online when searching Walmart's website. Have to order it online but get free shipping.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^^filter not oil

I’m not a fan of mopar oil filters. I’d run a motorcraft S over those any day at A lower cost.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
^^^^^filter not oil

I’m not a fan of mopar oil filters. I’d run a motorcraft S over those any day at A lower cost.
I use the WIX-XP filters now. A bit cheaper then the Mobil1 filters and excellent reviews.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of regular Mobil 1, but I am a big fan of their high mileage oil which I use on all my old vehicles.

It will fix most minor weeps and leaks that are prevalent on old vehicles, including the rear main seal on my old Ford Ranger. It has literally allowed me to keep vehicles that were too expensive to fix otherwise. If I keep my RAM beyond 80,000 miles, I will switch over to that.

But for now, based on overall consensus within the FCA community on Hemi, I will likely use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for now with the Mopar filter.

Users who are viewing this thread