5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennsylvania Logging Roads

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Earned a few scratches this weekend on some old logging trails in the Allegheny National Forest in north central PA. Went through a couple of rocky creek crossings, got to play with 4 Low and hill decent control on some steep incline/declines. Truck performed great. Had my dad and a couple of cousins with me - they couldn't believe what my Rebel was able to handle. The scratches (although not bad) bother me some, but in 10 years I'll have great memories and stories to tell - the scratches will be forgotten.
. image1.jpeg
IMG_5399.jpg
image4.jpeg
IMG_5435.PNG image2.jpeg

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. We are headed up to the ANF soon. We go to Kinzua Bridge and all the surrounding areas.

I have been setting up travels completely off pavement in Central PA.

Love being in the Pennsylvania forests

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how often you intend to hit the logging roads, but I have a thread about off pavement travel in PA.

In it you will see I have been using Purple Lizard Maps. The forest service has maps for each district...and are useful...but the Purple Lizard is a bit easier to use.

Pennsylvania also opened up more gameland roads and state forest roads for hunting season.

There is alot of opportunity in PA to get off road and out doors. Plenty of people overlook that.

I spent a whole day traveling through ROTHROCK and Bald Eagle Stste forest with only about 3/4 of a mile on pavement.

You can see that here.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Not sure how often you intend to hit the logging roads, but I have a thread about off pavement travel in PA.

In it you will see I have been using Purple Lizard Maps. The forest service has maps for each district...and are useful...but the Purple Lizard is a bit easier to use.

Pennsylvania also opened up more gameland roads and state forest roads for hunting season.

There is alot of opportunity in PA to get off road and out doors. Plenty of people overlook that.

I spent a whole day traveling through ROTHROCK and Bald Eagle Stste forest with only about 3/4 of a mile on pavement.

You can see that here.

I haven't made my way through that entire thread yet, but I've read, and enjoyed, many of your posts! I'm a Penn State Alumnus and have been to several of the places you post about - Rothrock, Bald Eagle, etc. Spent lots of time exploring those back roads with a few buddies seeing the sites, hunting, fishing, and hiking. Some beautiful country!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We just went through Rothrock last night and then down 26 through the college to Quaker Steak for wing night.

That area has been packed this year as everyone became a hiker biker camper.

Good times

Users who are viewing this thread