5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pen Stripe

oejlm01

Reaction score
I have a Ivory 20 Ram. I like white as it doesn't show dust etc but it does look a bit plain. Wondered if anyone had did any striping and if so if they would share some pictures. Thanks

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

I've not seen many on here. If you utilize Google, and do an image search for "2020 ram 1500 pinstripe" minus the quotes, there are a lot of pictures there. (I just tried it to confirm.)

Pinstripes seem a bit old school to me (my 1995 Dakota had one), but to each their own! If it makes you happy, go for it.

oejlm01

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

I've not seen many on here. If you utilize Google, and do an image search for "2020 ram 1500 pinstripe" minus the quotes, there are a lot of pictures there. (I just tried it to confirm.)

Pinstripes seem a bit old school to me (my 1995 Dakota had one), but to each their own! If it makes you happy, go for it.
Thanks for the reply. I checked out the pictures and didn't care much for them. Think I will leave it as is.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a Ivory 20 Ram. I like white as it doesn't show dust etc but it does look a bit plain. Wondered if anyone had did any striping and if so if they would share some pictures. Thanks
Not my cup of tea. Seems like it was popular in the 70s and 80s, but not so much anymore.
Plus, if you ever have to have a panel repainted it will be a PIA to have it match the rest of the truck.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea. Seems like it was popular in the 70s and 80s, but not so much anymore.
Plus, if you ever have to have a panel repainted it will be a PIA to have it match the rest of the truck.
Totally agree...1980's thing...@oejlm01 PLEASE DON'T PUT A DECAL ON YOUR PRETTY NEW TRUCK!!!

TAK

Reaction score
Pin stripes are meant to make the truck stand out...not stand out on the truck. Personally I would think a thin double line (color of interior maybe) along the top crease is a viable look. With vinyl tape you can put it on yourself. If you don't like it just take it off.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The decal that jeffjad posted is actually a Ford F150 Special Edition design.

f4cde31e_a701_4807_b927_6a7e6feee223_9a45d432a0a0ef02df0a04533c2900f5d7191fc1.jpeg

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks better on the F150 because of the side window drop that's the same width as the decal. It almost looks like it was designed for the Ford!!! Not sure why the company would list it as a Ram part.

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
I just traded in my 2019 Bighorn crew in Billet Silver and had added old school thin pinstripe. It looked great on the truck imo.

Now I have a 2021 1500 Crew in Granite Crystal with Night Edition and trying to decide if black pinstripes will set it off or destroy the look

Attachments

• IMG_20190507_140753.jpg
    IMG_20190507_140753.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 67

TAK

Reaction score
I just traded in my 2019 Bighorn crew in Billet Silver and had added old school thin pinstripe. It looked great on the truck imo.

Now I have a 2021 1500 Crew in Granite Crystal with Night Edition and trying to decide if black pinstripes will set it off or destroy the look
I have the same stripe...looks good! I think a black stripe would be nice and subtle. If you do not like it...just peel it off. No big deal.

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
I have the same stripe...looks good! I think a black stripe would be nice and subtle. If you do not like it...just peel it off. No big deal.
Thanks for responding. I hadn't thought about the ability to peel it off, appreciate that advice. I'm thinking flat black at this point.
Thanks again

Reactions: TAK

Users who are viewing this thread