5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedestrian Emergency Braking (PEB)

CDKinNoVA

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with the sensitivity of Pedestrian Emergency Braking (PEB)? I have a little dip at the entrance of my drive and occasionally I get the auto-braking when backing up quickly. I'd hate to have to do some defensive driving with all these electronic safety sensors and human overrides.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Overly sensitive rear automatic braking is a common complaint. I turned off the auto braking, but left the warnings on.

CDKinNoVA

Reaction score
Overly sensitive rear automatic braking is a common complaint. I turned off the auto braking, but left the warnings on.
I will try to turn it off today. The manual states you can turn it off but the default setting is on and it reverts to default when you turn your ignition off. So as I read these instructions, it appears you can't turn it off for extended periods, you have to turn it off every time you start your truck. MTF...

TittoPollito

Reaction score
I will try to turn it off today. The manual states you can turn it off but the default setting is on and it reverts to default when you turn your ignition off. So as I read these instructions, it appears you can't turn it off for extended periods, you have to turn it off every time you start your truck. MTF...
I turned off my auto brake the day I purchased the truck (experienced it a few times in my buddy’s truck…no thanks) if you just flip the switch it resets every time but if you go through the settings menu on the infotainment system you can uncheck the box

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^ Exactly what Titto said above. Turn it off in the Uconnect settings on the screen. It will stay off. Uncheck the rear braking assist box.
16262722743327317039146614319563.jpg

Last edited:

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Funny that they call this feature "Braking Assist" when it stops the truck point blank (and hard too). The first (and only) time I experienced this was on my 2nd day of owning my truck. I was backing into a parking spot where there wasn't anything near me and the truck just locked up solid. The ground was level too. Scared the crap out of me and the kids. I was unaware of the feature at this time but once I found out what it was I disabled it and it will remain that way forever. From what I experienced I would hardly call it a braking assist it's more of a complete override emergency stop.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have young kids, and there are other young kids in the neighborhood, so I want it on. But man can it give you a heart attack sometimes. I also have a lip on my driveway which will set it off. I now back in, and it's much much less of an issue.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You are confusing two completely different features. Pedestrian Emergency Braking is part of the forward collision warning system, and can only detect things in front of you while in drive above 3 mph. That system is on by default every start up. What happened to you when you were backing up is called rear park sense with auto braking assist. Like pictured above, once you turn that setting off, it stays off until you deliberately turn it back on.

Users who are viewing this thread