5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PEDAL COMMANDER

drstein

Reaction score
The PC is much more reliable, but can still cause throttle issues and throw codes. That being said, PC customer support is great. My unit started acting up after 6 months, would throw codes and accelerate on its own very slowly. Had an RMA # and shipping label in a days time with no questions asked. Sent the old unit in, recieved the new unit the end of that week. Installed the new unit and no issues since.
Good to know, thank you.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the self acceleration issue is still a thing?
It can be, though it is less likely with the PC compared to the Pulsar. The unit can malfunction and put the truck in limp mode. Get a check engine light and a message to service electronic throttle. One of two things then happen, you can accelerate by yourself very slowly, or the truck will slowly accelerate by itself, the gas pedal becomes unresponsive, and you have to ride the brake. It does not accelerate quickly, at least not in my case. I took the unit off and they replaced it no questions asked. Have not had an issue with the new one yet.

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
Anyone have any recent issues with the pedal commander PC-78 unit??

Buying for my new 2020 5.7 etorque. Accelerating without control sounds scary as hell. especially if i have my family in the car. Hope that’s just an issue in 2019 they sorted out.

Anyone got an update?

Airbornecmc

Reaction score
I have had no issues with unexpected acceleration. I have thrown a code ... it’s usually my fault. If you don’t come to complete stop, put it in park, and take your foot off the brake before you change the mode occasionally the CEL comes on. It has always cleared itself after a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent issues with the pedal commander PC-78 unit??

Buying for my new 2020 5.7 etorque. Accelerating without control sounds scary as hell. especially if i have my family in the car. Hope that’s just an issue in 2019 they sorted out.

Anyone got an update?
Mine has been in for quite sometime and ZERO issues. Like with anything electronic or mechanical, you can get a bad one, but I don't think you have anything to worry about and highly recommend it. It will wake up your truck like you couldn't believe and you will never go back to not having one.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My PC78 Pedal Commander has been the one mod I've done to my truck that has installed and worked perfectly. Not a single hiccup. The hardest part was opening the plastic tub and fishing it out of it before installing it.

Users who are viewing this thread