5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal commander was great.... for about 24hours ?!??!

j517

Reaction score

This guy tells it how it is I guess someone called him out and he schooled them

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a search but have yet to see anything truly verifying that it’s caused vehicles to go WOT.
It did not go WOT on me, but when it malfunctioned it did accelerate on its own at a pretty good pace. It didn't smoke my tires when I was at a stop or anything like that, but when I took my foot off the brake it did go. It did this on two separate occasions.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Again I am not disputing what has occurred to some as we know it’s a man made product and stuff happens. What I want to add is that when I’ve heard of a problem, PC customer service has been great to work with. As far as that video I can’t tell you how many times people around me have bashed a product but when I call them out of their expectations it’s always varied from the intent of the gear.

Now for me if it’s not working for your needs send it back get your refund and enjoy all that beautiful truck of yours has to offer. We should definitely keep this open because if others have problems at least we have one location to compare things with. :)

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Again I am not disputing what has occurred to some as we know it’s a man made product and stuff happens. What I want to add is that when I’ve heard of a problem, PC customer service has been great to work with. As far as that video I can’t tell you how many times people around me have bashed a product but when I call them out of their expectations it’s always varied from the intent of the gear.

Now for me if it’s not working for your needs send it back get your refund and enjoy all that beautiful truck of yours has to offer. We should definitely keep this open because if others have problems at least we have one location to compare things with. :)
I'm not complaining. I love the product. And you are correct, Pedal Commander customer service has been great. I sent them an email, and no questions asked they pushed everything through to swap it out. RMA paperwork and a prepaid shipping label in a days time. I will get it shipped out this week and can't wait to get the replacement to install again.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m feeling that once the new one arrives , all will be well for what it affords yaaa. :)

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said somewhere before, forums are great places to get information and learn things. I'm fortunate I get to attend SEMA every second year for fun. Sprint Booster was the original but in today's day and age that doesn't mean it's the best I don't even know if how they do it has a patent or they all work the same but install wise they seem the simplest. They all help the drivability of this truck for sure.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
That's just it.... I installed the darn thing yesterday exactly as the directions said to. Was I supposed to wait an additional 5 minutes after doing the Bluetooth connection..... I'd hate to send it back as it was awesome for a little while. But if it's gonna be glichy then I don't want any part of it.

I installed it today and worked perfectly until I used the Bluetooth app to change it. Turned it off. Then back on check engine was on. Then undid the negative battery cable and boom back to normal. It’s the Bluetooth option. For whatever reason it’s messing it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
I installed it today and worked perfectly until I used the Bluetooth app to change it. Turned it off. Then back on check engine was on. Then undid the negative battery cable and boom back to normal. It’s the Bluetooth option. For whatever reason it’s messing it up.

Call them and tell them what's going on with it I use the Bluetooth on mine all of the time with 0 issues

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Call them and tell them what's going on with it I use the Bluetooth on mine all of the time with 0 issues

Same here. Zero issues with BT. Wish UConnect was as reliable...

768mph

Reaction score
Another alternate is Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller. Does the exact same thing but for $179. It’s a direct plug in. I’ve never had an issue.

I’ve used them on my previous, 09 G8 GT, 14 Chevy SS, 16 Ram Sport and now my 19 Ram Laramie.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I’ve had mine for a couple months and haven’t had any trouble. I use the Bluetooth often. One thing I read that causes problems is adjusting it while pressing on the accelerator so I never do that

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I’ve had mine for a couple months and haven’t had any trouble. I use the Bluetooth often. One thing I read that causes problems is adjusting it while pressing on the accelerator so I never do that

Maybe I’ll try the Bluetooth again.

Users who are viewing this thread