5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal commander was great.... for about 24hours ?!??!

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Just bought and installed the pedal commander because of all the glorious reviews on this site.... well, it was awesome for about 24 hours. Got in the truck today and decide to do the Bluetooth link to the unit and it worked for about 10 seconds. As soon as I switched modes (city to sport) the truck freaked out and threw a bunch on dash errors and codes. Mind you I'm in my driveway with the brake on and in park.... I immediately turn off the truck and said "self, way to F up a brand new truck"

I let the truck sit for a second and started it again and now I have a check engine light..... wtf ? Read the pedal commander site and it recommended to disconnect the negative side battery for 15 minutes. One glass of vino later I reconnected the battery and the check engine light is gone but half of my uconnect apps are missing ?!?? No 360 camera, no seat controls, no air ride controls.... it's simply gone. Tried a reset and still the same..... seriously disappointing. Took the pedal commander out and I'm regretting trying to mod the truck.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just bought and installed the pedal commander because of all the glorious reviews on this site.... well, it was awesome for about 24 hours. Got in the truck today and decide to do the Bluetooth link to the unit and it worked for about 10 seconds. As soon as I switched modes (city to sport) the truck freaked out and threw a bunch on dash errors and codes. Mind you I'm in my driveway with the brake on and in park.... I immediately turn off the truck and said "self, way to F up a brand new truck"

I let the truck sit for a second and started it again and now I have a check engine light..... wtf ? Read the pedal commander site and it recommended to disconnect the negative side battery for 15 minutes. One glass of vino later I reconnected the battery and the check engine light is gone but half of my uconnect apps are missing ?!?? No 360 camera, no seat controls, no air ride controls.... it's simply gone. Tried a reset and still the same..... seriously disappointing. Took the pedal commander out and I'm regretting trying to mod the truck.
When you go to install you have to wait about five minutes then begin to install. Mine did the same thing to my truck and wasn't happy. But once i did it exactly as the instructions said it worked perfectly.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
When you go to install you have to wait about five minutes then begin to install. Mine did the same thing to my truck and wasn't happy. But once i did it exactly as the instructions said it worked perfectly.
That's just it.... I installed the darn thing yesterday exactly as the directions said to. Was I supposed to wait an additional 5 minutes after doing the Bluetooth connection..... I'd hate to send it back as it was awesome for a little while. But if it's gonna be glichy then I don't want any part of it.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's just it.... I installed the darn thing yesterday exactly as the directions said to. Was I supposed to wait an additional 5 minutes after doing the Bluetooth connection..... I'd hate to send it back as it was awesome for a little while. But if it's gonna be glichy then I don't want any part of it.
I would give it another try i thought i was gonna have problems with it too but it ended up working.

Damion

Reaction score
Your apps will re appear, it happens when you disconnect the battery. Seems like it takes a while for everything to re boot.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Strange. I’ve had zero issues since I’ve installed it a couple of weeks ago. Best upgrade ever in my opinion.

Lize

Reaction score
Mines been good too, I left the drivers door open for a while before installing it as per instructions on a thread here and no problems for about a month.
I don't use the bluetooth from my phone through, think I may have tried it once but can't definitely be sure.
Once I found the setting I like I don't bother changing it, I did knock it down from Sport+ +1 to City when I took it in for the Airbag recall though.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a couple of negative stories on the web regarding pedal commander however there are good alternatives to it I have used the Sprint Boosters in 3 vehicles with success. I agree the pedal is really slow from factory in these trucks and they are a super upgrade.

whetrick1

Reaction score

Did you leave the key fob in your house. It tells you to leave the driver's door open to drain residual power out of the system. Don't have your fob around the truck while installing it. I've had mine on for about a year now with zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j517

Reaction score
I had one on my 1500mlimited no issues changes settings via bluetooth when I was at stop light no issues. Traded in my 1500 for a 2500 pw and installed the PC and no issues used bluetooth to change setting when at traffic lights no issues I love the thing. Sorry you having issues. Call them their cust is top notch.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Thank you all..... you guys were right, all the Uconnect stuff came back while the truck sat overnight. (Not weird at all )

I’ve reinstalled the PC just as I did the first time following the instructions to a ‘T’. I think though this time I’ll simply leave it at city plus 2 which seems to be the happy spot for my driving style and if I change it I’ll do it manually as opposed to Bluetooth.

And on another note.... I will never try to clear a CEL with removing the battery connection. To many uconnect issues. Bought a code reader instead.... hoping for the best this time.

gcscott

Reaction score
Mine works great. I really like it when I tow my 8,000 lbs. toy-hauler trailer starting out from a stop with a lot more power at the pedal. I keep it in Sports +1 at all times. I don't use bluetooth.

Limited_Ram

Reaction score
There are several stories of the Pedal Commander going WOT on its own as well. Be cautious using this mod

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve not heard / read about a single Pedal Commander doing this. Please post where you’ve heard this so that others will actually have something to base this upon.

drstein

Reaction score
I’ve not heard / read about a single Pedal Commander doing this. Please post where you’ve heard this so that others will actually have something to base this upon.
I too have read of 19 Ram owners having some issues, on this forum, do a search.
Update : I did a search and of course I cannot find it, but I know I saw numerous recent posts of folks having issues.

Last edited:

Lize

Reaction score
From this post onwards there are a couple of reports:

Its transforms the drive so well and there seem to be a lot of people using one that I decided to keep it and see if I experienced any similar problems, I haven't so far.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I did a search but have yet to see anything truly verifying that it’s caused vehicles to go WOT.

j517

Reaction score
It's the good balls with the challengers messing around on the go it's on you tube

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh I see lol, I thought he was referring to Ram owners were stating theirs were going WOT. :)

Users who are viewing this thread