5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander vs Banks Monster Pedal

ramhead

Reaction score
Little late to this but no way would I go with the Pedal Commander. I'm going with the Banks Pedal monster. I found the vid below (yes it's by Banks but it makes some extremely good points about the voltage issues causing limp mode problems with the PC & Pedal Max - they even actually show the problem while in veh. in operation and failures). :

(skip to around 4:50 mark to start seeing comparisons/replicated failures)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Little late to this but no way would I go with the Pedal Commander. I'm going with the Banks Pedal monster. I found the vid below (yes it's by Banks but it makes some extremely good points about the voltage issues causing limp mode problems with the PC & Pedal Max - they even actually show the problem while in veh. in operation and failures). :

This video has already been discussed a LONG time ago. If you search this forum, there is a TON of info on both the PC and Banks. I did a huge write up on my experiences with both. What is fully discussed in the Banks video is not true for the RAM. My recommendation was that the Pedal Commander is a far better design and implementation than the Banks. I also found the Banks to be a far more complicated installation than the PC and the cabling more difficult to hide. Do as you wish, but I thought the PC was a better execution IMPO. There are no "voltage" issues with the PC. Anyone can demonstrate a "test" that proves the point they wish to make to sway the argument;)

ramhead

Reaction score
This video has already been discussed a LONG time ago. If you search this forum, there is a TON of info on both the PC and Banks. I did a huge write up on my experiences with both. What is fully discussed in the Banks video is not true for the RAM. My recommendation was that the Pedal Commander is a far better design and implementation than the Banks. I also found the Banks to be a far more complicated installation than the PC and the cabling more difficult to hide. Do as you wish, but I thought the PC was a better execution IMPO. There are no "voltage" issues with the PC. Anyone can demonstrate a "test" that proves the point they wish to make to sway the argument;)

Thanks for all that. I did do several searches here before posting but the search function is a bit lacking in narrowing down results (I even checked "search titles only" but did not see the one you refer to). Guess I may reconsider now....I can probably also try both by ordering thru Amazon to see what I like best. The voltage issue they pointed out seems to make sense though and I had seen several reports of guys with the PC having their trucks go into limp mode or other issues - I know some of those were probably due to user error (improper install or switching modes while in operation). Thanks again.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for all that. I did do several searches here before posting but the search function is a bit lacking in narrowing down results (I even checked "search titles only" but did not see the one you refer to). Guess I may reconsider now....I can probably also try both by ordering thru Amazon to see what I like best. The voltage issue they pointed out seems to make sense though and I had seen several reports of guys with the PC having their trucks go into limp mode or other issues - I know some of those were probably due to user error (improper install or switching modes while in operation). Thanks again.
Not a bad idea at all going through Amazon and trying the both to see what you think. Regardless, they both do the same thing and ease of install and operation may be your deciding factor. Once you install one of these devices, you will never want to not have one...it makes that much of a difference in response and enjoyment!

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I have been using a pedal commander for over a year now and have never had any issues with it other than changing settings when my foot was on the gas.

ramhead

Reaction score
I can change the settings on mine at any time HIKE IT USA

Price is nice but seems like a cheaper knock off....nice, flashy webpage but no phone contact (only email/fill a form). I'd be concerned if problems came up about their warranty and/or getting things addressed also. PC/Sprint/Banks both have excellent customer service AND a physical person you can contact if necessary.

Some other nagging issues like.....they have RAM trucks under the Dodge listing. Maybe not a big deal but RAM brand has been on its own for awhile now and you would expect a company involved with "high performance" auto stuff would be aware of that.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the one from Tury?
Why when there are proven devices that many have tried that work amazing? If I were you, I would stick to the Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster and call it a day! They both have very solid support too if you need it. Good luck calling Brazil;) Is there even a distributor in the US? I don't see one on their list.

swizlstik

Reaction score
Why when there are proven devices that many have tried that work amazing? If I were you, I would stick to the Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster and call it a day! They both have very solid support too if you need it. Good luck calling Brazil;) Is there even a distributor in the US? I don't see one on their list.

sppb32

Reaction score
Price is nice but seems like a cheaper knock off....nice, flashy webpage but no phone contact (only email/fill a form). I'd be concerned if problems came up about their warranty and/or getting things addressed also. PC/Sprint/Banks both have excellent customer service AND a physical person you can contact if necessary.

Some other nagging issues like.....they have RAM trucks under the Dodge listing. Maybe not a big deal but RAM brand has been on its own for awhile now and you would expect a company involved with "high performance" auto stuff would be aware of that.
I have mine for almost 2 years and it works fantastic, you can change settings on the fly even wile accelerating, i also got one for my Genesis Coupe at the same time and no issues there either.

Attachments

• 20201205_134037.jpg
    20201205_134037.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 58

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have mine for almost 2 years and it works fantastic, you can change settings on the fly even wile accelerating, i also got one for my Genesis Coupe at the same time and no issues there either.
As long as you're happy that's all that matters. You can change them all on the fly...just not recommended.

Last edited:

hemigas

Reaction score

I just got a Hikeit x9, about 15 minutes to install, $154 with a coupon code, , works great, no CE light, you might want to check this out.

Bob.

Reaction score
I was going to get the pedal commander, but after seeing the possible side effects of a dead pedal when you need it most, I washed myself of the idea of installing one.
Maybe a tune down the road, but the truck is too new to mess with the warrantee.

esquare

Reaction score
I just installed a Banks Pedal Monster today and was disappointed that I still have throttle lag. Maybe I need to play with the settings some more. Installation and operation were easy.

Users who are viewing this thread