5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander vs Banks Monster Pedal

madkins1121

Reaction score
I’m looking to install one of these two on my 2019 Ram Bighorn. What do you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sppb32

Reaction score
Hikeit

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
gif-eating-popcorn-61.gif

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please use the search function up top. This topic has been beat to death already. You can't really go wrong with either but the backup safety feature on the Pedal Monster does not work currently with the DT.

silver billet

Reaction score
So far; the banks has not caused any unintended acceleration or dead pedal. If you find reports of these, please let me know!

The pedal commander is not recommended due to the "surprises" indicated above.

silver billet

Reaction score
Please use the search function up top. This topic has been beat to death already. You can't really go wrong with either but the backup safety feature on the Pedal Monster does not work currently with the DT.

It does if you enable "trim". Then you get it for both reverse and forward, win win. Considering pedal commander doesn't have either feature, I fail to see why this is pointed out time and time again, especially considering the safety implications with the PC. On the one hand you might crash your truck (PC), on the other, a feature is missing. I'm gonna sweat over that decision that's for sure 🤦‍♂️

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I will, while biting my tongue, gracefully bail out of this conversation:p @madkins1121 ...the SEARCH function is your friend! Listen to @Snofire...he's a smart cookie ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@SpeedyV ...maybe you can merge this with the other thread on the same topic, or simply shut it down, so we don't have go through this all over again?

Thanks!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far; the banks has not caused any unintended acceleration or dead pedal. If you find reports of these, please let me know!

The pedal commander is not recommended due to the "surprises" indicated above.

I am not against the Pedal Monster as I really thought about getting it before the Pedal Commander. Just because we haven't really heard reports on here doesn't mean it hasn't happen. How many thousands of people have any of these units and are not on a forum. We are just a small sample size for any of these products we purchase for it. Hell, I might still buy the PM but the fact when I asked them this question 3 different times I got different answers and a receptionist even answered the question. That is what makes me nervous of the product.

The Pedal Commander isn't "recommended" because a few people on here had an issue with it but yet there are a lot of people that haven't had an issue (I had a Sprint Booster on my vehicle and the same thing happened). There are many things in this world that can go haywire for some and work great and still get recommended to buy. In the end it is what the customer decides if it is worth it or not. They need to do their research as well to weigh the options.

madkins1121

Reaction score
I will, while biting my tongue, gracefully bail out of this conversation:p @madkins1121 ...the SEARCH function is your friend! Listen to @Snofire...he's a smart cookie ;)

Sorry new to the forum, still trying to figure things out

silver billet

Reaction score
I am not against the Pedal Monster as I really thought about getting it before the Pedal Commander. Just because we haven't really heard reports on here doesn't mean it hasn't happen. How many thousands of people have any of these units and are not on a forum. We are just a small sample size for any of these products we purchase for it. Hell, I might still buy the PM but the fact when I asked them this question 3 different times I got different answers and a receptionist even answered the question. That is what makes me nervous of the product.

The Pedal Commander isn't "recommended" because a few people on here had an issue with it but yet there are a lot of people that haven't had an issue (I had a Sprint Booster on my vehicle and the same thing happened). There are many things in this world that can go haywire for some and work great and still get recommended to buy. In the end it is what the customer decides if it is worth it or not. They need to do their research as well to weigh the options.

It's very simple; as soon as a device has a number of safety reports, it's kind of wrong to recommend it. We know PC causes trouble. We don't know that about pedal monster, but if I find some corroborating reports well it gets pulled out of my truck too.

Just because something hasn't happened to your specific device, that doesn't make the product safer. 5, 10 bad reports and it's obvious the product is unsafe for too many people and might just ruin your day/truck. "They need to do their research"? Well OP did just that, we're telling him the product has caused trouble.

I also don't see the point in merging this thread with the other one. How many other thread duplicates do we have for octane, gear ratios, tires, oil etc; lets not try to reduce the forum down to 10 threads. OP asked a question, we can all answer and we can all move on as desired.

madkins1121

Reaction score
No worries my friend and welcome. You just opened a HUGE can of worms and none of us could have timed it any better!

Hahahaha, I just purchased a 2019 Ram Bighorn and am looking to do some upgrades and mods. Just looking to see what everyone else is doing.
97795df9f1a3e5e9877f52284d9e029b.jpg

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Sorry new to the forum, still trying to figure things out

No worries welcome! Lots of great people and information on here. The PC vs PM has become another 3rd rail of forum topics. I expect it to pass what oil is brand is best any day now :cool:

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Hahahaha, I just purchased a 2019 Ram Bighorn and am looking to do some upgrades and mods. Just looking to see what everyone else is doing.
97795df9f1a3e5e9877f52284d9e029b.jpg

Grab your wallet and start here.
I am linking the last page of the thread, it is only 793 pages of deep of $ burning ideas, you can work backward. It's what I did.
Enjoy!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's very simple; as soon as a device has a number of safety reports, it's kind of wrong to recommend it. We know PC causes trouble. We don't know that about pedal monster, but if I find some corroborating reports well it gets pulled out of my truck too.

Just because something hasn't happened to your specific device, that doesn't make the product safer. 5, 10 bad reports and it's obvious the product is unsafe for too many people and might just ruin your day/truck. "They need to do their research"? Well OP did just that, we're telling him the product has caused trouble.

I also don't see the point in merging this thread with the other one. How many other thread duplicates do we have for octane, gear ratios, tires, oil etc; lets not try to reduce the forum down to 10 threads. OP asked a question, we can all answer and we can all move on as desired.

So with that logic of 5-10 bad reports if there are 100 people total is a 5% bad rate that bad? People have bad issues with tires while others still have great experiences so we should just not recommend it? Just because I and 1 other user on here had an issue with Sprint Booster should we stop recommending that one as well? We can heed the warnings and the OP or any user needs to make the decision in the end. Yes "they need to do their research" and not just what is found on a forum. Sure it's a good resource but isn't the only resource out there. Many different opinions and thoughts as we have seen on here and in other threads. We are all going to agree to disagree. I am not saying I'm for or against Pedal Monster, Pedal Commander, or Sprint Booster. Don't want worry at all about a possible issue? Then just live with what you have and hit the throttle harder, this isn't a race truck.

I do agree with @securityguy on merging the thread with the other ones. No offense but sometimes more moderation is what is needed in these to not have 500 of the same topic like the "tire recommendation" threads that are out there. Reason for a search bar just like Google or any other search site.

Your going to have your thought and I will have mine. Obviously I'm not changing your mind or vice versa. Nothing personal at all but in the end people need to look at all features and concerns these items we put on our trucks and make the decision, some are easier than others. I'm done here.

silver billet

Reaction score
So with that logic of 5-10 bad reports if there are 100 people total is a 5% bad rate that bad? People have bad issues with tires while others still have great experiences so we should just not recommend it?

It's a safety issue. This device fails for some people. For some people it fails quite soon, for others it fails after many miles. You personally having no trouble with it, does not mean 1) that it will not happen to you tomorrow, and/or 2) that it will not happen to the guy you're recommending it to.

But you need tires. I'm not aware of any brand that has not had premature tire failures. But if there was a brand that had a bad habit of leaving screws buried in the tread, you would point it out, right? The PC is a poor design; we know that, it's running off of a wire that was not designed to draw more amps.

I don't claim to know the failure rate; but 5% is truly horrifying. I would not let my wife or kids drive my truck with that bomb sitting there. To me the denominator is completely unimportant. How many have experienced this issue? 5? 10? 15? How many do you personally need before you think twice about running it? My limit is about 5. 5 user reports saying "my truck has dead pedal" or "my truck unintentionally accelerated" or "I got christmas lights on the dash" is bad news, I couldn't care less how many are running without problems because there is no way of knowing when/if it hits you. 1 report is not enough; could be anything including just disgruntled user. But 5 is showing some serious consistency. That's why I've been asking for user reports on the pedal monster.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread