5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***PEDAL COMMANDER UPDATE***

Venom700

Reaction score
So I spoke to customer service via email and they had a very different version of how the product performs (in writing of course); they admit losses in signal strength occurs! They denied a refund up front but when I pointed out they just admitted the product doesn’t work right all the time, boom, next email was how to get a refund. Very very shady!
And for the record, I set my PC to one setting and never touched is again and the PC basically clips in and couldn’t ever come loose, so their things to check is total BS.

Attachments

• 77CE6CE6-3320-4D09-B51D-D4E75F9341A3.png
    77CE6CE6-3320-4D09-B51D-D4E75F9341A3.png
    399.8 KB · Views: 65

Kxlexus

Reaction score
So I spoke to customer service via email and they had a very different version of how the product performs (in writing of course); they admit losses in signal strength occurs! They denied a refund up front but when I pointed out they just admitted the product doesn’t work right all the time, boom, next email was how to get a refund. Very very shady!
And for the record, I set my PC to one setting and never touched is again and the PC basically clips in and couldn’t ever come loose, so their things to check is total BS.
You are correct. Their product is junk and from the way they treated you, they aren’t going to stand behind it. You are right about the connections clipping in and can’t come loose. I never changed modes with my foot on the gas either. Of course there is an engineer on here that thinks he knows more than anyone else. I am sure he will jump in and try to get the last word in. He doesn’t seem to be able to help himself

John89

Reaction score
I’m new here but I see a lot of people say they’re “engineers”... lol. Most don’t even state what kind of engineer they are! I’m an engineer as well but don’t know anything about the engineering that goes into the pedal commander, that’s mainly because I’m a software engineer :)

I dislike instances such as these when people throw the engineer word around as if it were to make you more credible or something...

Anyway, isn’t the CEO of a product supposed to try and back their product? Also, I understand that you mention that it’s required by car manufacturers for the failsafe mechanism to be an automatic acceleration to 2-3k RPMs, however that sounds quite dangerous to me. What if you’re in traffic or there’s a pedestrian near you? What if you can’t react quick enough to put your car in neutral? Hmmm....

I think that for me (and this is my opinion) from an engineering perspective, the banks product was designed better in terms of fault tolerance <— an engineering term for those “engineers” out there. If the product fails, the car continues to operate under normal conditions! For me, it’s an easy choice in terms of the failsafe mechanism when choosing the PC vs the PM.

Last edited:

jimchi

Reaction score
Anyway, isn’t the CEO of a product supposed to try and back their product? Also, I understand that you mention that it’s required by car manufacturers for the failsafe mechanism to be an automatic acceleration to 2-3k RPMs, however that sounds quite dangerous to me. What if you’re in traffic or there’s a pedestrian near you? What if you can’t react quick enough to put your car in neutral? Hmmm....
FYI, Brake Throttle Override has been standard in FCA vehicles for quite some time now:

Also, IIRC, brakes are (supposed to be) more powerful than the engine anyway.

Venom700

Reaction score
You are correct. Their product is junk and from the way they treated you, they aren’t going to stand behind it. You are right about the connections clipping in and can’t come loose. I never changed modes with my foot on the gas either. Of course there is an engineer on here that thinks he knows more than anyone else. I am sure he will jump in and try to get the last word in. He doesn’t seem to be able to help himself
They designed the connections to be the same as the factory and yet I don’t see checking the gas pedal connection on the factory maintenance schedule! I’m sending their junk back and despite their numerous return “fees” I am not worried as I know Amex will cover me with a full refund.

saylor

Reaction score
i want in on this dead horse!
PC is as crap as these trucks are.

anything you believed from that CEO story is crap.

why do they need to update you PER SERIAL NUMBER? you bought that explaination securityguy? that should have made you run away faster.

what kind of engineer are you like what kind of work?

in the computer world, when the mfg writes you an update and deploys it BY SERIAL NUMBER its a very very VERY very very specific thing they are trying to fix.

We usually call them hotfixes or patches. not a GA general release of software or an expected version update....

and a car should go to 0 RPM when it Fs up,, if i go unhook my pedal cirucit or whatever and this thing goes to 3k RPM like you say im gonna let it ghost ride into the lake

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
OK...I will truly try to make this my last post responding to the haters. However, some of you will make this "commitment" VERY difficult by continuing to attack me for no reason at all. I do not own this company. I do not own stock in this company. I have no reason for any of you to want to keep your PC versus tossing it in the trash. As I stated before, I don't really care what anyone does to their truck. Your money...your truck! And then to question my background and degree is just way over the top and some should be ashamed of themselves. Are we all not allowed to give an opinion or has this forum turned into CANCEL CULTURE whereby if I don't like what someone says you are badgered until you succumb to what I want you to say and believe:unsure:

I have been an EE for well over 30 years. My first job out of college was a systems engineer for Motorola Communications & Electronics. I was then a lead engineer for one of the country's largest electronic manufacturers that built the first Smart House devices back in the early to mid-90's. Does this make me an expert on a Pedal Commander? No...and I never said I was. I gave opinion on the topic, which we all have done, and provided facts as I know them and input from the company for you all to review and value as you see fit. Did I say that I believe everything I hear or read? I did not. Honestly, I believe there are more members here that are on my side of the equation versus some of the haters that just cannot let go. He**, you would think from reading this thread, that I purposely designed the PC to kill you all 🤣

If any part of a vehicle fails, there should be a fail safe. As @jimchi stated above, we all have accelerator override to all late model vehicles that will help stop a vehicle from simply accelerating. Why did we all get this? Because of what happened to Toyota and Lexus many years ago where a family was killed when their Lexus would not stop and the brakes wouldn't slow the vehicle. If the truck does have an accelerator fault, and the truck revs to 2-3K RPM, you don't have to put your truck in NEUTRAL, just modulate the brake to get you safely off the road with enough RPM to do so. Now that we all have drive by wire, it is now more important than ever. Is this really all that complicated to understand???

Guys, I'll say here that I fully understand that some of you will just not let go of this and will continue the attack like wolves. How many times have you read from my posts to do as you want and what makes you feel safe. We are all supposed to have positive debates on this forum and not act like a bunch of animals. Even I bought a Banks unit, as you saw from my post above, because I want to try it and play with it and see what I personally think of it. If I want to get rid of my PC...then that should be my decision to make and only mine. There are hundreds of thousands of these things on the road so there is no surprise that some will have a bad experience. If you feel that strongly, contact the NHTSA and file a formal complaint about the product. Or contact SEMA and anyone else you feel should be aware of the issue. I never instructed anyone not to do so.

In the end, and I truly hope this will be the end, all I want to do is continue to share my opinions, as have many of you, and not have my character or educational background called into question. I realize this only applies to a very few of you, but even one is too many.

Happy Friday...have a great weekend and ENJOY YOUR TRUCKS...isn't this why we are all here in the first place anyway🍻

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly.

@securityguy was just doing a follow-up with his conversation with the CEO of the company on their take of it from the other thread. Now if he believes every word that was told or not is up to him. Take it with a grain of salt and believe what you want but we don't need to keep bashing on this topic. Sure there are people on here that have had problems with their PC or another device or even Youtube videos about it having issues. What we see is a sample size of those that aren't on forums or on YT posting about their issues. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of customers who are happy with their purchases of these units. We don't know everyones background or expertise but to start jumping on people about that when trying to help is just ridiculous. He has helped a lot of people with a lot of information and he was giving his opinion on this. Now if you dont' agree then say your piece and be done but personal attacks shouldn't be tolerated. Admins should also be monitoring this type of stuff and put an end to it before things get out of hand.

Now I personally have a Sprint Booster on my Jeep that has done all the things that people have complained about and I continued to still use it. That is my choice instead of pulling it off. Now that my wife is taking it over as a daily driver she doesn't want it at all so I'll be taking it off and selling it.

To each their own but we don't need to have the personal attacks because someone doesn't agree with us on why we think the way we do. Do what makes you feel safe and secure in your life. If someone doesn't agree then move on, end of story. Hopefully guys get it out of their system and move on.

Agree to disagree and keep things civil.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Exactly.

@securityguy was just doing a follow-up with his conversation with the CEO of the company on their take of it from the other thread. Now if he believes every word that was told or not is up to him. Take it with a grain of salt and believe what you want but we don't need to keep bashing on this topic. Sure there are people on here that have had problems with their PC or another device or even Youtube videos about it having issues. What we see is a sample size of those that aren't on forums or on YT posting about their issues. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of customers who are happy with their purchases of these units. We don't know everyones background or expertise but to start jumping on people about that when trying to help is just ridiculous. He has helped a lot of people with a lot of information and he was giving his opinion on this. Now if you dont' agree then say your piece and be done but personal attacks shouldn't be tolerated. Admins should also be monitoring this type of stuff and put an end to it before things get out of hand.

Now I personally have a Sprint Booster on my Jeep that has done all the things that people have complained about and I continued to still use it. That is my choice instead of pulling it off. Now that my wife is taking it over as a daily driver she doesn't want it at all so I'll be taking it off and selling it.

To each their own but we don't need to have the personal attacks because someone doesn't agree with us on why we think the way we do. Do what makes you feel safe and secure in your life. If someone doesn't agree then move on, end of story. Hopefully guys get it out of their system and move on.

Agree to disagree and keep things civil.
Thank you @Snofire and I do hope that this will come to an end...very unproductive to say the least.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In the end, all I would like to see is that from now on whenever these types of devices are recommended to somebody on the forum, that we also tell them (in the same post) the problems people have had with them. No acceleration can be just as deadly as unintended acceleration, and while the brakes might help with unintended acceleration there is no quick fix for dead pedal. And some of us might be willing to chance our own lives, but not the lives of our wife or daughter who might be driving it too. So lets be honest and safe with these things.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
In the end, all I would like to see is that from now on whenever these types of devices are recommended to somebody on the forum, that we also tell them (in the same post) the problems people have had with them. No acceleration can be just as deadly as unintended acceleration, and while the brakes might help with unintended acceleration there is no quick fix for dead pedal. And some of us might be willing to chance our own lives, but not the lives of our wife or daughter who might be driving it too. So lets be honest and safe with these things.
I guess it all depends upon how you feel about your "wife".....if you are about to go through a divorce, a device like a Pedal Commander may be your best and least expensive option 🤣

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I can agree with this that if we recommend a certain produce (ie. the PC) then we say "this also can have issues that others have reported". In the end the we should be doing our own research on devices or mods we are doing to our vehicles that can affect the safety. We can only guide people or give our personal experiences of a device but they hold the key of it's value to them.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I guess it all depends upon how you feel about your "wife".....if you are about to go through a divorce, a device like a Pedal Commander may be your best and least expensive option 🤣

My cooking would do the same job a lot cheaper and quicker, and I'd get to keep the truck too.

(I can't believe I just wrote that 🤦‍♂️)

Saints

Reaction score
So they agreed to give you a refund? How long have you had it?

kevinvw

Reaction score
I’m keeping my Pedal Commander. #livefastdieyoung #yolo

Users who are viewing this thread