5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander Installation Mishap

Stinger19

Reaction score
I ordered a Pedal Commander the other day and went out to install it yesterday. I was unsure on how to disconnect the wire plug from the accelerator, so I quickly looked it up on YouTube. One guy just said to pull out and then up. So with that, I did was he said and ended up pulling more of the plug off that I should have. Yes, I do realize now what he meant and it is very easy, but wasn't clear from the start.

Anyhow, I had to unbolt the pedal and take it out to put the other half off the connection back on the pedal. I was so pissed at myself for doing this because I normally don't screw up things like this. I eventually got it back in and reconnected everything back to stock. My first try didn't work because my dash lit up with errors and the accelerator didn't work at all. Ugh....talk about panic. I pulled the pedal back out and reassembled what I did. Thankfully, it worked. However, my check engine light was on. I disconnected my battery to clear the code that I had thrown and now half of my UConnect options are gone. WTF. I guess from reading on here, this is normal and have to wait a few hours for everything to return to normal. I will check this morning and see if everything is back.

Now for the question, should I even bother installing the Pedal Commander? Ugh....please no "you're and idiot" comments. I am beyond pissed at myself for doing that.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Short answer is yes, we’ve all been there done that as far as making a mistake. Install the Pedal Commander and find your happy spot with it. :)

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Install the Pedal Commander! Just remember to remove it if you ever have to take your truck in for service.
i forgot to do so when I took my truck in for my recent radio replacement.

The service adviser told me, outside away from any other ears, having the PC would void my powertrain warranty if they saw it again.
i looked up the FAC on Pedal Commanders website and they advise removing it also.

the PC really does improve the throttle response. I run city +3. Love it!

milchuck

Reaction score
I ordered a Pedal Commander the other day and went out to install it yesterday. I was unsure on how to disconnect the wire plug from the accelerator, so I quickly looked it up on YouTube. One guy just said to pull out and then up. So with that, I did was he said and ended up pulling more of the plug off that I should have. Yes, I do realize now what he meant and it is very easy, but wasn't clear from the start.

Anyhow, I had to unbolt the pedal and take it out to put the other half off the connection back on the pedal. I was so pissed at myself for doing this because I normally don't screw up things like this. I eventually got it back in and reconnected everything back to stock. My first try didn't work because my dash lit up with errors and the accelerator didn't work at all. Ugh....talk about panic. I pulled the pedal back out and reassembled what I did. Thankfully, it worked. However, my check engine light was on. I disconnected my battery to clear the code that I had thrown and now half of my UConnect options are gone. WTF. I guess from reading on here, this is normal and have to wait a few hours for everything to return to normal. I will check this morning and see if everything is back.

Now for the question, should I even bother installing the Pedal Commander? Ugh....please no "you're and idiot" comments. I am beyond pissed at myself for doing that.

2019 Ram Laramie Black...installed Pedal Commander several days ago and the difference to me was amazing. I've squealed tires twice without meaning to in Sport mode and I'm actually afraid to try Sport+ mode until I can find an empty roadway with no other traffic. Definitely worth the money to me. There's some youtube videos with guys installing them in Rams and all the ones I've seen have been pretty positive.

Duran

Reaction score
Install the Pedal Commander! Just remember to remove it if you ever have to take your truck in for service.

The service adviser told me, outside away from any other ears, having the PC would void my powertrain warranty if they saw it again.
i looked up the FAC on Pedal Commanders website and they advise removing it also.

What make of the pedal commander did you go with bro

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Hmm. Guess it depends on the SA.
I leave mine on and never had an issue. It’s not like it reprograms the ECU or anything, so I don’t see how they could void your warranty, as it seats downstream from everything else.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I leave mine on and never had an issue. It’s not like it reprograms the ECU or anything, so I don’t see how they could void your warranty, as it seats downstream from everything else.
Yes it does depend. I will heed my SA’s advice. Takes but a few moments to remove.

milchuck

Reaction score

It doesn't reprogram anything but the idea behind removing it is if you're having an electronic/computer issue it keeps the dealership from trying to use the installed PC as the cause and not honor your warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread