5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patriot Blue vs Max Steel

ballgame168

Reaction score
So I have a dilemma. Decided I really wanted Patriot Blue vs Max Steel and tried to modify my order. Unfortunately, production has been halted for Patriot Blue and eTorque engines until January (though orders can begin being placed again next month) due to overwhelming demand. That means that I could either place my order now for Max Steel and get in 6-8 weeks (per dealer) or 6-8 weeks from when production starts again in January meaning I am looking at a 5-6 month wait (though I would expect incentives to be better and hopefully some of the more common issues worked out). What are people’s thoughts on Patriot Blue vs. Max Steel?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have to say I love that color. As far as incentives being better, that part I can not answer.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Patriot blue is going to be blue. Max steel will change shades all the way to a black.

There are some patriot blue trucks on lots. Not sure what trim or options you want.

Guess really, do you want the truck soon, or can you wait.

Good things are coming to those who wait.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I have a dilemma. Decided I really wanted Patriot Blue vs Max Steel and tried to modify my order. Unfortunately, production has been halted for Patriot Blue and eTorque engines until January (though orders can begin being placed again next month) due to overwhelming demand. That means that I could either place my order now for Max Steel and get in 6-8 weeks (per dealer) or 6-8 weeks from when production starts again in January meaning I am looking at a 5-6 month wait (though I would expect incentives to be better and hopefully some of the more common issues worked out). What are people’s thoughts on Patriot Blue vs. Max Steel?
Maximum Steel is a great color. But Patriot Blue was only second to Delmonico Red for me. For a while, I started seeing quite a few Patriot Blue trucks showing up on lots around here. I cannot say whether any remain...

syddog 2000

Reaction score
My 2015 was Patriot Blue with silver two tone. It was a sharp combination. Not easy to keep clean. This time as you can see in my Sig. I choose the Max Steel. I really like the Max, However when I placed my order I could not find a Max Steel within 5oo miles of me. therefore I relied on FCA photos. I will say the color depicted in the photos were a more blue hue, which is what I was after. The actual color is more dark gray. IMO I am still happy in this choice and probably made the same.

Longhorn

Reaction score
Max steel for me..... but more importantly if you wait I I believe some of the issues people have had and are continuing to have would be fixed by then....

alow

Reaction score
The whole idea in my book as far as ordering is to get exactly what you want. I'd go look at both and make sure you get the color for you.

I went with black forest which is the darkest green. I stare at my truck all the time and to me it was worth the wait. As well I do imagine the above is correct, less chance of issues the more production pumps out trucks.

alow

Reaction score
That's sharp man, very nice.

OP I hope you see what we mean. Wait for what you want. It's worth it. I'd only take the other color if it's your first choice. If not then you'll be driving an almost custom truck.

ballgame168

Reaction score
That's sharp man, very nice.

OP I hope you see what we mean. Wait for what you want. It's worth it. I'd only take the other color if it's your first choice. If not then you'll be driving an almost custom truck.

Thx for the advice. Just went to see both colors on a lot side by side. Made the decision even harder as o really like both! Think I will be satisfied either way. Decision, decisions.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Max Steel, but I also really liked the Patriot Blue after seeing it in person. I went with the MS only because it had the ability to look black/dark charcoal, grey, and bluish/gunmetal color at different times. I think you'll be happy either way you go. They are both beautiful colors.

Icecold77

Reaction score
I've had Max, Blue Streak, and now Patriot Blue. The Patriot on my 19 is dark, looks black without full sunlight... Max Steel is also sweet.. I'd say you cant go wrong with any of them.. Good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • 20181011_105359.jpg
    20181011_105359.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 20170930_140136.jpg
    20170930_140136.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread