5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger Seat Popping

ckirby500

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone have an issue with the passenger seat popping? Sounds like it’s in the frame of the seat only when someone is sitting in it. 2019 Rebel. Bumper to Bumper warrant is out so it’s on me to fix it. Any help would be awesome.

Tharper1

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone have an issue with the passenger seat popping? Sounds like it’s in the frame of the seat only when someone is sitting in it. 2019 Rebel. Bumper to Bumper warrant is out so it’s on me to fix it. Any help would be awesome.

Had this happen on my 2019 Rebel. Dealer replaced the passenger seat rails to fix.

ckirby500

Reaction score
Had this happen on my 2019 Rebel. Dealer replaced the passenger seat rails to fix.
Good to know - unfortunately I'm out of warrant on bumper to bumper but that is a good starting point - thank you

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had this in my 4th gen. At some point warranty work was done under the seat and when replaced they didn't tighten a mounting bolts all the way. Could be that simple.

ckirby500

Reaction score
Had this in my 4th gen. At some point warranty work was done under the seat and when replaced they didn't tighten a mounting bolts all the way. Could be that simple.
Will check that - I was messing a little this morning with it and couldn't come up with much without a second person - will definitely try the mounting bracket - thanks

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will check that - I was messing a little this morning with it and couldn't come up with much without a second person - will definitely try the mounting bracket - thanks
Yeah give all the bolts on the mounting system a good turn. Mine was pretty tight to turn with a wrench but still had about a .25 inch of gap until all the way tight. Mine would only pop when someone was in it as well.

ckirby500

Reaction score
Yeah give all the bolts on the mounting system a good turn. Mine was pretty tight to turn with a wrench but still had about a .25 inch of gap until all the way tight. Mine would only pop when someone was in it as well.
Awesome - will give it a go this evening and let you know - amazing how that little bit can cause such an annoyance. Fingers crossed

ryant601

Reaction score
Awesome - will give it a go this evening and let you know - amazing how that little bit can cause such an annoyance. Fingers crossed

Any word on this? Started noticing this yesterday with a passenger seated there...all quiet this morning without one.

ckirby500

Reaction score
Any word on this? Started noticing this yesterday with a passenger seated there...all quiet this morning without one.
Took the seat out. Tightened everything down - put the seat back in. Still there. Did a deeper dive and it appears the Seat Frame is flexing under weight so taking it to the dealer in the next few weeks

ryant601

Reaction score
Took the seat out. Tightened everything down - put the seat back in. Still there. Did a deeper dive and it appears the Seat Frame is flexing under weight so taking it to the dealer in the next few weeks

Mine is going in tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Having them check the seat as well as a clunk under the driver floorboard on hard turns. There's a TSB out there for the sway bar link - maybe it's that.

As for the seat - who knows. I will report back.

thatguyloud

Reaction score
Glad to know I wasn’t hearing things...had someone sit in passenger seat and the flex is horrible. Dealer appointment for the seat next week

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Glad to know I wasn’t hearing things...had someone sit in passenger seat and the flex is horrible. Dealer appointment for the seat next week

Please be sure to keep us posted on how your appointment goes. We are more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support as you work with your dealer if needed.

Mark
RamCares

grooves12

Reaction score
Had this happen when I first got my truck 18 months or so ago. Only happened when a passenger was in the seat. The dealer replaced the passenger seat frame to resolve it.

gwatt86

Reaction score
So sounds like replacing the frame is the fix, is that right? I’ve got a 2019 with the same issue. I was hoping it was just some bolts that needed tightening.

gwatt86

Reaction score
I can grab the bottom of the seat and look under and see the flex. It’s the U clamp looking brackets that hold a bar that goes across that is loose but I can’t figure out where to tighten those U clamps. How hard is it to get the seat out??

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/