5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

passenger led fog light out

ocwill1

Reaction score
I have not had a chance to look, and think I know the answer. My passenger led fog is out, I am assuming it is a sealed system. Anyone have this problem and is it covered. 6500ish miles and only had it since Sep 2023.. Going in for free first oil change soon so I want to have some ammo before I go in.. TIA everyone... This could also be the reason to get my dual pod (amber/white) set up that I am thinking about

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I have not had a chance to look, and think I know the answer. My passenger led fog is out, I am assuming it is a sealed system. Anyone have this problem and is it covered. 6500ish miles and only had it since Sep 2023.. Going in for free first oil change soon so I want to have some ammo before I go in.. TIA everyone... This could also be the reason to get my dual pod (amber/white) set up that I am thinking about
This is covered under your factory warranty. I had some exterior lighting issues under warranty, and they fixed them. It turned out to be something called a body module in my case. Fog light was out, but also some headlight marker and DRL tubes. All on left side.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No need to ammo up. This is definitely covered under your warranty. If there is physical damage it might be a different story. But if it just stopped working on its own you're covered. If you have any trouble you can then get @RamCares involved to help. But I wouldn't expect any issues from your dealership.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No need to ammo up. This is definitely covered under your warranty. If there is physical damage it might be a different story. But if it just stopped working on its own you're covered. If you have any trouble you can then get @RamCares involved to help. But I wouldn't expect any issues from your dealership.
Hopefully it is. I saw people denied warranty claims as the led lights are "wear and tear items" which we all know is BS

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At less than 1 year and at 6500 miles it's covered even if it's a light bulb. The basic warranty covers the common wear items listed below for 1 year and 12,000 miles.

The Basic Limited Warranty lasts for three years from the date it begins or for 36,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first. The following items are covered only for one year or for 12,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first: • Brakes (rotors, pads, linings, and drums) • Bulbs • Clutch Discs or Modular Clutch Assembly (if equipped) • Wheel Alignment • Wheel Balancing • Windshield and Rear Window • Wiper Blades

While I was getting my steering wheel replaced due to thread unraveling, the dealer also replaced my wiper blades under warranty as the driver blade had a bad spot in the center of the blade leaving streaks.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can’t get it covered eBay is a great place to get oe replacement. (Ask me how I know 😒)

ocwill1

Reaction score
thanks for all of the replies, this was indeed a false alarm. As I was in a meat coma after leaving the local Brazilian steakhouse, for some reason my fogs did not come on when starting up like usual. Since they were not on, they were in turn light mode and I happened to be turning left when sis in law saw it and just the drivers was on. Checked it out the next morning when going to work and everything is good.. Thanks again, at least I know now that should be covered, which should anyway as LED's are supposed to be loooong life..

Users who are viewing this thread