5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parts falling down after brake pedal recall ..

Rebel Soul

Reaction score
Is a clamp. Try to check the pedal up and down with the button...then that clamp fall down from the brake pedal. No clue where was attached.
Going tomorrow at the dealer.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Looks like the clamp from the pedal. It probably wasn't secured / tightened properly. Probably easy to fix, but get it back to the dealer ASAP.

Attachments

• V07 Recall.JPG
    V07 Recall.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 156

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the actual part that was added as part of the recall to provide a positive stop on the worm screw. They clearly didn’t do it correctly and your brake pedal could potentially come off.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had the pedal recall done a couple weeks ago and I started hearing loose hardware from the pedal. Except mine is from the accelerator pedal. I had to take my truck in for the rear brakes today; so I asked them to look at it. Mine didn't drop any parts but it sure sounded like it was about to.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had the pedal recall done a couple weeks ago and I started hearing loose hardware from the pedal. Except mine is from the accelerator pedal. I had to take my truck in for the rear brakes today; so I asked them to look at it. Mine didn't drop any parts but it sure sounded like it was about to.
Ok...here is the follow-up.... When the dealer installs the stops, there is a bushing that goes in. The way the items are designed, the bushing is loose and rattles around a bit. My dealer put a little sealant around it to dampen the rattle. Everything was intact and put together correctly. Its good now.

SNBI07

Reaction score
I just had the recall done this weekend and I’m hearing a rattle from down there when I quickly tap the gas pedal. Will need to investigate further.

Sfoster0717

Reaction score
Omg is the recall even worth doing if you dont adjust your pedals? I am considering not getting the recall done, my understanding is the pedal will only fall off if you adjust the pedals back to far? Am I correct in thinking this ?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe, but do you really want to leave an open safety recall attached to your VIN? Not sure it would pass state inspection with an open recall.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All I can say is unfrigginreal! FCA can't even get a recall fix right. Do the engineers at FCA even have degrees?

Yes they do but the mechanic that put it on doesn't. :LOL: Be lucky if he is even a mechanic, not very many of those left, they are all "parts changers".;)

Users who are viewing this thread