5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Sensors Continuous Alert

Jwhitty27

Reaction score
Went to drive my truck this morning and had the front left parking sensor alerting me that something was there. It wouldn't stop even when driving down the street. The only way it would stop is if I turned the front sensors off. I know I could leave them off to avoid the constant alert but I should be able to use the features I paid for with the truck.

An alert did come up on the screen a few times saying either "Wipe Off" or "Wiper Off", I don't remember exactly. Not sure if the computer was freaking out and turning the rain-sense wipers off or if that was referring to wiping off the sensors. Will the truck notify you to wipe off the sensors? Can dirt get behind the front plate of the sensor onto the lens of the sensor?

I'm trying to figure out how to fix the problem myself because the dealer is out of the way and it's difficult to schedule a time to drop it off. Any helps appreciated!

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
The wipe off message could be the vehicles response to the sensor alarming constantly. Never heard of it but possible. Sounds like you have a parking sensor that is shorted or disconnected or just plain malfunctioning. You have lots of other sensors you could troubleshoot with assuming you know how to do such a thing with these sensors. I have no idea how to swap one with another so I am sorry but I am of no help. Good luck.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
An alert did come up on the screen a few times saying either "Wipe Off" or "Wiper Off", I don't remember exactly.

Meaning 'Wipe Off' the sensors - they might be dirty (or thinking they are), hit them all with a damp cloth and see how it goes!

Spinar

Reaction score
i am having the same problem with my truck.
took it in for service and they found a dead short in wiring harness it goes it thursday for new wiring harness

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Meaning 'Wipe Off' the sensors - they might be dirty (or thinking they are), hit them all with a damp cloth and see how it goes!

Only time I had this happen was when a West Texas grasshopper was smashed into the sensor, completely blocking it. Wiped, more like pried, it off and all was good.

Users who are viewing this thread