5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park Break won't release

BuckJones4012

Reaction score
I have on TWO(2) occasions, had the park brake fail to release. I tried the manual release without any success. I disconnected battery for about 30 mins. The vehicle then started and I could disengage park break. Had to reset a bunch of things. This could be very dangerous!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have on TWO(2) occasions, had the park brake fail to release. I tried the manual release without any success. I disconnected battery for about 30 mins. The vehicle then started and I could disengage park break. Had to reset a bunch of things. This could be very dangerous!

Hi BuckJones4012,

We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to support you through that process.

Mark
RamCares

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

With your seat belt on, you put it in drive and the parking brake wouldn't release? Did it give a warning as you started driving?

BuckJones4012

Reaction score
With your seat belt on, you put it in drive and the parking brake wouldn't release? Did it give a warning as you started driving?
Yes, there was an icon displayed on the center screen indicating warning and brake. Actually backing out, and it wouldn't move.

Users who are viewing this thread