5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park Assist

It's worthless to me. I used it once just to test it out (backing into a spot). Felt like it took 10 minutes to park (not really).....then, I wasn't fully confident in it and I was ready to slam the brake, just in case. Now 360 camera ........that, I will never ever ever go without in the future.

Oh, I tested the park assist once and ended up 'overriding' it. I felt like the person behind me was like ....WTH is he doing. Plus I usually whip my truck wide and just back in with one 'swoop' backwards. Seems like park assist wants you to just drive straight and then you're perfectly perpendicular to the spot to back into.......and that takes too much back/forth for me.

I have Disabled Veteran plate and usually in handicap spot anyway........otherwise, I park a mile away.

Last edited:
Tried it once and it scared the crap out of me. Lol. Won’t use it again. I guess I’m a control freak. I even have the lane assist off.

Tried it once and it scared the crap out of me. Lol. Won’t use it again. I guess I’m a control freak. I even have the lane assist off.

I hated the lane assist on the test drives but am now coming to love it. I jokingly refer to it as the "I've had too many and need help keeping it centered on the way home assist." Not that I use it that way though...

I tried it last night. Parked the truck perfectly centered between the other two vehicles. Pretty impressive and I can see me using it for those times when there are not options to park far away from folks. Noticed it always backs the truck in.

Have only used mine to try it out. Nice feature but like everyone else, I park my truck away from everyone. The feature would be nice if it worked trying to back into your garage. Adaptive cruise though is awesome. Use it all the time.

I just spent two hours to see if mine worked. It only found 1 parallel spot and it seems it was because there were cars on each end, it doesn't seem to read lines, I switched to perpendicular and same result it finally, after driving around the parking lot for ever, found a spot between two trucks, then the display says pull forward, then put in reverse and wait for steering to complete , then nothing it didn't steer it didn't give anymore advice. and the big flaw was that there was no voice command so you had to look at your dash for info. Thats gonna get somebody hurt, not looking at your surroundings . Mine was a complete failure. Im not going to report it not working because i think its useless anyhow.

I just spent two hours to see if mine worked. It only found 1 parallel spot and it seems it was because there were cars on each end, it doesn't seem to read lines, I switched to perpendicular and same result it finally, after driving around the parking lot for ever, found a spot between two trucks, then the display says pull forward, then put in reverse and wait for steering to complete , then nothing it didn't steer it didn't give anymore advice. and the big flaw was that there was no voice command so you had to look at your dash for info. Thats gonna get somebody hurt, not looking at your surroundings . Mine was a complete failure. Im not going to report it not working because i think its useless anyhow.
Did you use your turn signal? As soon as I turned mine on, it found a spot immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back