5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park Assist

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Just curious has anyone used this feature? How were your results. I haven't yet mainly because I don't like to park near anyone. I would rather protect my truck and walk.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Just tested it out today, and it was fun...but I’m not sure when I’ll actually need it.
I would have to agree, I will have to try it out. However I am a control freak when it comes to driving my truck. Not sure I can handle it, I won't even let my wife drive while I'm in the truck LOL

Flot

Reaction score
I have to admit of all the features on the loaded trucks, this one feels pretty worthless. I've used it 4 times mostly to show friends "look what the truck can do" and it is about 5x slower than parking the truck yourself. It is fascinating to watch, but a pretty slow and painful process. At least for the backing in, I haven't had a chance to try the parallel parking.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need to try it. I watched this YouTube, but haven’t tested it yet.

ponypride

Reaction score
What trim level does this come with? I ordered a Laramie. Do you need the advanced safety group?

Kaz

Reaction score
So... my wife is THRILLED about this feature. She LOVES having her truck and LOVES how big it is (current '16 Sport Crew Cab 4x4), but, she self admittedly, can't park it. I can typically pull into a space and park her truck without a problem, but I have good spatial relation skills (I'm also good at Tetris). She can't wait to use this feature as she can't parallel park to save her life in any vehicle (not that she has to do it much), but she also has issues just parking period, so she can't wait to try out the parking feature of the truck.

For most of us I would agree that the feature is pretty useless when you can actually drive.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So... my wife is THRILLED about this feature. She LOVES having her truck and LOVES how big it is (current '16 Sport Crew Cab 4x4), but, she self admittedly, can't park it. I can typically pull into a space and park her truck without a problem, but I have good spatial relation skills (I'm also good at Tetris). She can't wait to use this feature as she can't parallel park to save her life in any vehicle (not that she has to do it much), but she also has issues just parking period, so she can't wait to try out the parking feature of the truck.

For most of us I would agree that the feature is pretty useless when you can actually drive.

I think she'll love the 360 camera you can manually turn on when pulling head first into a spot. Let's you park it like you're a remote drone operator where you can see almost everything in one view.
I know I'm looking forward to this. Even going to setup the left-most UConnect button to launch the 360 view.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think she'll love the 360 camera you can manually turn on when pulling head first into a spot. Let's you park it like you're a remote drone operator where you can see almost everything in one view.
I know I'm looking forward to this. Even going to setup the left-most UConnect button to launch the 360 view.
Um...I love the 360 camera. I totally use this when wanting to get perfectly centered in a spot.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Thats a great idea, thanks for the tip..

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
I used this yesterday, pretty slick.

My salesman kept telling me he had to show me but it wasn’t important to me. He explained that he would have to drive the truck, as the last customer he let do it didn’t realize you still have to brake and use the gas - it was an expensive lesson according to him :eek:

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I have to admit of all the features on the loaded trucks, this one feels pretty worthless. I've used it 4 times mostly to show friends "look what the truck can do" and it is about 5x slower than parking the truck yourself. It is fascinating to watch, but a pretty slow and painful process. At least for the backing in, I haven't had a chance to try the parallel parking.

Totally agree with this as far as the “perpendicular” park assist, but the parallel parking is pretty cool and actually does a hell of a job.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I have it and used it once with the salesman the day I picked it up and not since. I actually forget I have it or too much traffic in the lot when I think about it. Now it's been long enough that I'm a little Leary of messing with it. I should get out to a large box store a find a lane that I can give it a whirl again. I actually always back into spaces if it's an option so I'm kind of good at it. I don't think the park assist would be any faster.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, I have it and used it once with the salesman the day I picked it up and not since. I actually forget I have it or too much traffic in the lot when I think about it. Now it's been long enough that I'm a little Leary of messing with it. I should get out to a large box store a find a lane that I can give it a whirl again. I actually always back into spaces if it's an option so I'm kind of good at it. I don't think the park assist would be any faster.
It WON’T be faster. It might get you into a tight perpendicular spot more comfortably, or help you confirm whether you can fit in a tight parallel spot...but would you really park your new truck in either of those scenarios?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I tried it once or twice and it worked well, but def not faster. Besides, I'm the guy that parks a quarter mile away to ensure I get no dings, therefore, plenty of space to park... ;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried it once or twice and it worked well, but def not faster. Besides, I'm the guy that parks a quarter mile away to ensure I get no dings, therefore, plenty of space to park... ;)
I'm the guy that parks two spaces away from you and hopes that nobody will try to squeeze between us!

Users who are viewing this thread