5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park Assist/Semi-Auto Park

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was curious what people are using to coat the new park assist sensors (if you have done the upgrade) to match the other sensors. I bought some of this and wanted to try it out today or tomorrow if I have time. If anyone has used this how did they like it or any issues afterwards with sensors? Also, if anyone has used another product that worked for them?

PS. I know it’s mostly used for restoring trim pieces such as; plastic, steel, aluminum, etc.. but heard a couple people talking about it in the forum.

SEM - 39143 (Trim Black) Acrylic Coating

Attachments

• CC226BBD-F5D6-4F3A-B1C7-1AF983635CE7.png
    CC226BBD-F5D6-4F3A-B1C7-1AF983635CE7.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfect I’ll try it out and save the other one for other use. Thanks Vince.

alex3610

Reaction score
I was curious what people are using to coat the new park assist sensors (if you have done the upgrade) to match the other sensors. I bought some of this and wanted to try it out today or tomorrow if I have time. If anyone has used this how did they like it or any issues afterwards with sensors? Also, if anyone has used another product that worked for them?

PS. I know it’s mostly used for restoring trim pieces such as; plastic, steel, aluminum, etc.. but heard a couple people talking about it in the forum.

SES - 39143 (Trim Black) Acrylic Coating
OK i gotta ask what's the story with park assist sensors and upgrading? I've yet to get my truck to actually engage the park assist and I thought it was something I was doing wrong. 2019 Limited fwiw.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Why are we painting sensors? And what looks different?
Anyone have a picture because I'm really confused. I don't have any sensors that "stick out" on my 22 Limited.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK i gotta ask what's the story with park assist sensors and upgrading? I've yet to get my truck to actually engage the park assist and I thought it was something I was doing wrong. 2019 Limited fwiw.
I did not have Park Assist originally in my truck and I installed and upgraded it to be able to.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm confused. Why are we painting sensors? And what looks different?
Anyone have a picture because I'm really confused. I don't have any sensors that "stick out" on my 22 Limited.
When I’m upgraded my truck to have Park Assist because I didn’t have it originally the park assist sensors were different color than regular park sense. See pictures park assist grey and park sense black.

Attachments

• 461FDCC0-8F2A-4208-A7A8-5816278F154B.jpeg
    461FDCC0-8F2A-4208-A7A8-5816278F154B.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 549A3615-ED72-4A36-8B05-C28AA08CD499.jpeg
    549A3615-ED72-4A36-8B05-C28AA08CD499.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 29

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I’m upgraded my truck to have Park Assist because I didn’t have it originally the park assist sensors were different color than regular park sense. See pictures park assist grey and park sense black.
Ahhhh ok.
My truck is all black and came with everything from the factory.

that grey looks really weird.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahhhh ok.
My truck is all black and came with everything from the factory.

that grey looks really weird.
It’s all OEM and I can almost guarantee that it is the same exact Part Number from the factory as you have but for some reason it comes that way from Mopar. 🤷🏻‍♂️ So, just a little spray adhesive will make it match not a big deal everything works exactly the same as if it came out of the factory so after I spray it to match you won’t be even able to tell a difference. Truthfully NO ONE ever even notices until I specifically point it out which is the funny thing but I know it so it bothers me lol.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s all OEM and I can almost guarantee that it is the same exact Part Number from the factory as you have but for some reason it comes that way from Mopar. 🤷🏻‍♂️ So, just a little spray adhesive will make it match not a big deal everything works exactly the same as if it came out of the factory so after I spray it to match you won’t be even able to tell a difference. Truthfully NO ONE ever even notices until I specifically point it out which is the funny thing but I know it so it bothers me lol.
It's likely a different part number you just got one that was grey.

Too late now but could of found a black Limited's vin and gave that to the dealership to see what the replacement part # would of been.

Is it safe to paint over the sensor? Can just get a paint pen and cover it with whatever color you want.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Too late now but could of found a black Limited's vin and gave that to the dealership to see what the replacement part # would of been.

Is it safe to paint over the sensor? Can just get a paint pen and cover it with whatever color you want.
Same part number across the board and painted to match.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I assure you it is the same part number on yours from the factory as mine. They probably just do somewhat the exact same thing we talk about doing to yours you just don’t know.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive used SEM in the past on other vehicles I’m sure a light coat on the sensors won’t effect anything just don’t go heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive used SEM in the past on other vehicles I’m sure a light coat on the sensors won’t effect anything just don’t go heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks that is good to know but yeah I was just going to do a very light coat if I were to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread