5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic Sunroof Question

A4Owner

Reaction score
Do they leak on the 5th Gens in cold climates (Ontario) and is deleting the panoramic sunroof 100% prevention against the rear sliding window leak? Or at the two unrelated...

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The two are unrelated. My sunroof had never leaked in cold weather or at all for that matter. But my winters only get down to the 20s (f) sometimes.

23RAM

Reaction score
Do they leak on the 5th Gens in cold climates (Ontario) and is deleting the panoramic sunroof 100% prevention against the rear sliding window leak? Or at the two unrelated...
I won't buy any kind of vehicle with sunroofs of any kind as they're not really needed when you have automatic climate controls and too many stories of leaks and failures. I don't know if they're related or not, but I have no interest in sunroofs or convertibles...but that's just me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From my experience, if you use the sunroof it tends to last longer than those too scared to use it.

The sunroof and rear window leak are not related.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
My sunroof hasn't leaked and I live in a cold climate, (North Idaho).

rickey55

Reaction score
Just got my 23 GT Rebel in December. I live near Chicago and haven't had any issues with mine leaking.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I avoided the sunroof, but still have a leak. It took the dealer six weeks and two attempts to fix the rear window leak on my truck. First they tried the 3rd break light, didn't work. Then they replaced the entire rear window.

There is no escaping the possibility of a leak in these trucks. For what it's worth, my old Ford did the same. You can go to other vehicle forums and find the same issue with water leaks in lots of different makes and models. Roll the dice.

BowDown

Reaction score
I avoided the sunroof, but still have a leak. It took the dealer six weeks and two attempts to fix the rear window leak on my truck. First they tried the 3rd break light, didn't work. Then they replaced the entire rear window.

There is no escaping the possibility of a leak in these trucks. For what it's worth, my old Ford did the same. You can go to other vehicle forums and find the same issue with water leaks in lots of different makes and models. Roll the dice.

Not getting the sunroof causes that leak

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I regretted not getting it in much 20 BTS, problem solved by getting it on my 22 Backcountry

6of36

Reaction score
The only reason I will get a sunroof is resale. Some people want them, but I've never had the need. I had them in a couple cars, just because they were in stock, what the dealer ordered. Lucky to open once a year. You lose 3 inches of headroom.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason I will get a sunroof is resale. Some people want them, but I've never had the need. I had them in a couple cars, just because they were in stock, what the dealer ordered. Lucky to open once a year. You lose 3 inches of headroom.
Not with the panoramic. Most sunroofs pop up now so they don't effect headroom as much. I'm 6'5" and have zero issues with headroom in my Ram

6of36

Reaction score
Not with the panoramic. Most sunroofs pop up now so they don't effect headroom as much. I'm 6'5" and have zero issues with headroom in my Ram
The one I ordered and refused had it, less headroom than my last one without it. All sunroofs take up headroom.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The one I ordered and refused had it, less headroom than my last one without it. All sunroofs take up headroom.
I was looking in my truck after your last comment and thinking, how much headroom do you need? How big is your head? I'm 6 foot and have at least 6 inches or more between my head and the roof. I couldn't imagine anyone needing more. This truck had more headroom even with a sunroof than any truck I've had.

6of36

Reaction score
I was looking in my truck after your last comment and thinking, how much headroom do you need? How big is your head? I'm 6 foot and have at least 6 inches or more between my head and the roof. I couldn't imagine anyone needing more. This truck had more headroom even with a sunroof than any truck I've had.
This last one was an Elite. Maybe the suede headliner has a different shape. All I know, is my head touched the headliner until I lowered the seat all the way, then barely cleared. Every other Ram I have owned, I had 3 more inches of clearance.

bucolic

Reaction score
Even if you never open the sunroof it is amazing in these Rams. Really opens up the space and floods it with light making the cab feel more spacious than it already is. Feeling like having it darker in the cab? Just hit the button and close the shade and it's like you're in a different truck!

I am 6'1" and my head isn't even close to the headliner.

BowDown

Reaction score

Have you been in a Ram with a sunroof? My wifes XF has a sunroof as well and there's no loss of head room in either

BowDown

Reaction score

Unless you're sitting on a milk crate on top of your seat, the sunroof isn't impacting head room, even Shaq fits

Shaquille O’Neal’s New Ram Has Some Custom Wheels​

BYSEAN MURRAY
PUBLISHED NOV 14, 2018

Former NBA All-Star Shaquille O’Neal is the proud new owner of a Ram 1500 Limited with a set if expensive custom wheels.
Shaq-via-Forgiato.jpg

via Forgiato
Former NBA All-Star Shaquille O’Neal just bought a new Ram 1500 Limited with a set of pricey custom wheels.
Shaq is a big guy. At 7’1” and 325 lbs, Mr. O’Neal needs a ride that’s as big as he is, which usually means trucks.
Last year, Shaq bought a Ford F-650 pickup, which is one of the biggest trucks on the market. This year he’s opted for a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab, quite possibly the most technologically advanced and luxurious pickup truck offered in America.

BowDown

Reaction score
This last one was an Elite. Maybe the suede headliner has a different shape. All I know, is my head touched the headliner until I lowered the seat all the way, then barely cleared. Every other Ram I have owned, I had 3 more inches of clearance.

What is a Ram Elite?

captainzombie

Reaction score
I have the panoramic sunroof and I do really love it. I don't open it much, but having it for just getting that extra sunlight through is a plus. With my 21 RAM Laramie, the damn sunroof started having a leak. The dealer ordered another gasket to fix the problem and I am taking it in next week. This all comes just in time for the exhaust manifold having an issue now and my truck sounds like we just made the exhaust a straight pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread