5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic Sunroof Question

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
And ive never had an issue with the cab being too hot on hot sunny days. I rarely close the sunshade. Of course my sunroof does have 20% tint film on it. My A/C in auto mode set to 68 degrees on the hot days keeps the cab very comfortable.
I think that 20% tint is helping you way more then you suspect.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think that 20% tint is helping you way more then you suspect.
I'm sure it is. One of the reasons I had them tint it. And couldn't beat the price. Guy gave me a quote, and stood by his quotes but said he'd never tint a Ram for that price again. At least not every single window. 20% on everything but windshield. And had 35% put on windshield. Guy quoted me $250 for everything. I gave him $300.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm sure it is. One of the reasons I had them tint it. And couldn't beat the price. Guy gave me a quote, and stood by his quotes but said he'd never tint a Ram for that price again. At least not every single window. 20% on everything but windshield. And had 35% put on windshield. Guy quoted me $250 for everything. I gave him $300.
$250? hahahahaha.
Around here price is around $600 counting the sunroof.
Without the sunroof around $450.

Even at that price who knows if they would destroy the computer sitting under the dash due to water\moisture.

I would like to get everything tinted except the windshield.
Can only do %35 here for it to be legal, and the registry has been cracking down like crazy on inspecting stations, currently they make every inspection required to be under camera and sometime videos.
He was trying to "peel" off my factory tint on my truck when I took it in for it's first inspection LOL.
This same guy used to let you pass without working items and got hammered before.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never own another truck without a panoramic roof. Driving through Glacier, Arches, the Rockies, etc was incredible with the wide open view.

In fact, it's the biggest reason I've held off on ordering a new 3500.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And ive never had an issue with the cab being too hot on hot sunny days. I rarely close the sunshade. Of course my sunroof does have 20% tint film on it. My A/C in auto mode set to 68 degrees on the hot days keeps the cab very comfortable.
Ok you have convinced me, I am going to have the sunroof tinted this summer.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have ceramic film on mine which made a huge difference.

I'm not sure the truth of it, but they claim it's a shattering hazard to put tint on a sunroof. Something about the glass not being able to hold all that heat with any tint on it. I'm sure it might be a situational thing as if it happened to everyone it would be more widespread.

Same here, ceramic tint on both sunroof panels since 2020

Users who are viewing this thread