5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic moonroof - thoughts?

What do you think about the panoramic moonroof

• Wow! love it, have it/gonna get a truck with it

Votes: 74 49.7%
  • Meh. Don’t want it,didn’t get it/not going to get it.

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • Didn’t get it, but wishing I did.

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Came with the truck, don’t really use it

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Came with the truck and use it

Votes: 25 16.8%
  • Got it, but wishing I didn’t .

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Haven’t decided yet.

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool if we vented the panoroof, and if the rain sensor on the windshield detected a certain rain intensity it would close :)

Jgoodyr

Reaction score
Any glass in the roof is russian roulette... you just never know. BUT, I still love the air rushing over, the sun and in winter any amount of light is welcome. I can't wait for my pano-sunroof and it's first trip to the dealer for the inevitable TSB to have the hardware/gaskets replaced!
Currently having issues. Not sure if it’s the sunroof of the windshield but my front floor gets soaking wet every time it rains.... 2019 limited and already smells like water damage...

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Currently having issues. Not sure if it’s the sunroof of the windshield but my front floor gets soaking wet every time it rains.... 2019 limited and already smells like water damage...

There was a post somewhere and essentially the glue/seal was missing in the top center of the windshield leading to the leak. May want to get yours checked.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was a post somewhere and essentially the glue/seal was missing in the top center of the windshield leading to the leak. May want to get yours checked.

Fingers crossed now that I'm driving it I'll have no issues... because it is as nice as I hoped.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fingers crossed now that I'm driving it I'll have no issues... because it is as nice as I hoped.
I'm loving mine as well. Nearly 3 months in and 2700 miles and so far so good. Only issue I had was the motor going out for the windshield wipers. I've got the pano sunroof as well and am loving it.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool if we vented the panoroof, and if the rain sensor on the windshield detected a certain rain intensity it would close :)

That has been done back in the 80's. Webasto had a rain sensor option on their sunroofs. That was a selling feature we used to do aftermarket installation in Lincolns and Mercurys at the dealership I managed. Been away from the business for close to 20 years now. Not sure if they even offer it anymore. Must not have been reliable enough to meet OEM requirements.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just drove mine this morning with the pano shade open (glass closed since I'm Houston). So nice and open. Really can't see going back to a small sunroof. This thing rocks.

John813

Reaction score
It wasn't a dealbreaker to have.

Was going to buy a truck with it(black interior) until I found the beige interior and couldn't wait to build one with the roof.
Living in FL, never really used the pano roof on previous as during the days it adds too much heat to have open.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just drove mine this morning with the pano shade open (glass closed since I'm Houston). So nice and open. Really can't see going back to a small sunroof. This thing rocks.
We have one on my wife's Audi, and it makes the vehicle feel huge inside. So we went for it on the Ram too.

Charlie33

Reaction score
With most new vehicles getting a options of sunroofs or panoramic roof, what are your thoughts of them?
I, personally only sporadically use the sunroof (non panoramic) in our SUV, and had it some how spontaneously shatter. So I have reservations about getting a vehicle that has a moonroof of any type, plus it’s just another thing that can break down. But would like to hear other opinions.
The cab is much warmer and the a/c has to work much harder dries out eyes blowing harder trying to keep up with the additional heat load. Dodge didn't insulate the cover and the heat radiates thru when the cover is closed . They choose to use just a single layer cloth to block the light and does nothing for the heat. When I open the sunroof it's great, but thats not practcal on most days.

Bigcountry

Reaction score
Horribly regret not getting one. Even thought about trying to get it installed aftermarket.

U

User_21361

I love mine and had one in my grand Cherokee. It was a major deciding factor for eliminating everything but the Ram and F150. Probably won't buy a vehicle without one. It's the closest I can get to the experience of driving my Wrangler without a too, but now with much nicer creature comforts (and space).

sman301

Reaction score
Get it if the price is good. Not a must for me. I bet you will have no issues with it other than it cost a pretty penny

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use mine almost daily. On extremely hot days, I do close the shade to help the AC lower temps inside. Between the sunroof and the AC seats, I think I am forever spoiled when it comes to the trucks I buy. It'll be nearly impossible to give up either of those two options ever again.

Qatar

Reaction score
Panoramic roof it will affect negatively on Ac performance.

James1414d

Reaction score
I love mine! Rarely do I open it, but I dig having the open feel with all the light that comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/