5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painted calipers?

Jato

Reaction score
Anybody paint there calipers, if so any pics? Also what paint and does it last long?

Jato

Reaction score
Really don’t see any answers to my questions. Anybody?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

You can also buy caliper covers.

No reason these calipers should be any different as far as caliper painting. I'm sure there must be more examples of colors etc if you search around. The covers have writing on them like Hemi, Mopar, etc

cnyram

Reaction score
Really don’t see any answers to my questions. Anybody?

Just picked up my Rebel and considering it. I've done 2 challengers and a wrangler in the past all 3 times with G2 red. G2 is self leveling so when it goes on you see the brush marks and they fill themselves in. I did all 3 vehicles when they were fairly new so they were basically spray with brake cleaner and paint after they're dry. You can take the easy way out and just paint what you see or take the calipers off, support them and do a more thorough job. I never had any chips or issues with any of them. I trade vehicles in frequently and the most time I had with a set was around 3 years and they still looked new. My personal experience with the covers is they are a lot easier to install, but tend to rattle. And easy to tell it's a cover when up close.

Amazing93

Reaction score
I painted mine with Duplicolor ceramic caliper paint. I cleaned em real good with brake cleaner and it's been great for over a year. No peeling or anything.

Amazing93

Reaction score
I painted mine with Duplicolor ceramic caliper paint. I cleaned em real good with brake cleaner and it's been great for over a year. No peeling or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread