5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint Protection Film/ Ceramic Coating

Dupras

Reaction score
Well I’m hoping to have this PPF and ceramic done before I take delivery.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Do not skimp on paint correction even if its a new truck off the trailer you should still get at least a minor single stage polish to take the paint to the next level before the coating gets put on. My truck came with a couple scratches and some marks where they sanded the paint at the factory and they are all gone now.

Gipraw

Reaction score
Any quality shop should do this for at extra charge before PPF or ceramic coating. OP, unless you can do that part yourself, expect an additional $1500-2000

$1500-2000 just for paint correction?

Cda3488

Reaction score
What do you mean paint correction?
If anyone is interested in a ceramic coating, I am a professional detailer. My prices can’t be beat. If you live anywhere in South Louisiana let me know, I would be happy to give you a price. I live in Lafayette but willing to travel. I am traveling to West Texas next week to do two vehicles.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I always do PPF, high quality like Llumar or Xpel to front bumper, front quarter hood and fenders, mirror caps, headlights and fogs lights on every vehicle then ceramic cost the rest.

Dupras

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a ceramic coating, I am a professional detailer. My prices can’t be beat. If you live anywhere in South Louisiana let me know, I would be happy to give you a price. I live in Lafayette but willing to travel. I am traveling to West Texas next week to do two vehicles.
When you hit Canada, let me know 🤣

JaylonW

Reaction score
20220610_172944.jpg 20220610_172836.jpg 20220610_172832.jpg 20220610_184916.jpg Ceramic Coating Only. This is 3 weeks later. I haven't touched it and it still looks great.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
What about Memphis ?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently talked to a shop that does both ceramic and PPF. He doesn't do much PPF anymore. He uses a custom blend 9H hardness ceramic and doesn't have problems with chips and it looks better.

JaylonW

Reaction score
They did all the windows... I just washed it for the first time....bugs just fell off.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I recently talked to a shop that does both ceramic and PPF. He doesn't do much PPF anymore. He uses a custom blend 9H hardness ceramic and doesn't have problems with chips and it looks better.

I highly, highly doubt that's accurate (no, that's a lie). Ceramic coating will not protect you from rock chips one bit, it will chip like regular un-coated paint matter of fact. As for looking better, good PPF film and install wont be noticeable to anyone unless you're doing one of those 1/2 fender or 1/2 hood jobs.
This shop lied to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online