5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

p2273 p2271 after header install

Jhncrwfrd

Reaction score
It's also strange because I don't get it all the time. I reset the code the day I posted here, and it hasn't come back. If I made it read a constant .4v -.5v would that make it not come back?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's also strange because I don't get it all the time. I reset the code the day I posted here, and it hasn't come back. If I made it read a constant .4v -.5v would that make it not come back?
You can't "make it" read a different voltage. And it needs to fluctuate or will also pop a code

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The PCM does not detect a rich to lean switch within a specific time period, during a decel fuel shutoff event, the monitor will fail.

That is how it is monitored, so it's seeing a rich

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the truck tuned through livernois. They won't turn off rear o2's. The truck also doesn't have any catalytic converters anymore. Local muffler shop made me a catless y pipe. The o2's are installed though.
We all need the name of that muffler shop.

Jhncrwfrd

Reaction score
You can't "make it" read a different voltage. And it needs to fluctuate or will also pop a code
I can make make it read a certain voltage. Lol. The variance/up and down is what I was really asking I guess. That sucks.

Jhncrwfrd

Reaction score
So if I made the max reading the sensor would show .5v and let it work normally below that, would it trigger a code?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Explain why the downstream O2 sensors need to be turned off due to shorty headers.

The downstream is stuck/biased rich, usually an O2 sensor not switching, they do get "lazy" with age. Or a possible exhaust leak could set it, not likely.

Sounds like the cats aren't getting hot enough which is typical with installing headers including shorties and causing the O2 codes.
Seen it many times and it's common issue and resolution on the hellcat forums.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like the cats aren't getting hot enough which is typical with installing headers including shorties and causing the O2 codes.
Seen it many times and it's common issue and resolution on the hellcat forums.
He has no cats. We finally found this out, which is what’s producing the codes. I’ve always used extension tubes or drilled out non foulers for this on chevys. Not sure if it should work here or not

BowDown

Reaction score
But why 2271 and 2273? Instead of the normal cat efficiency codes?

Well with your added info, I'd have expected P0433/434 but I've seen both and your reported codes are the same as they get on the HC forums after modding the exhaust ahead of the cats or the cats

BowDown

Reaction score
He has no cats. We finally found this out, which is what’s producing the codes. I’ve always used extension tubes or drilled out non foulers for this on chevys. Not sure if it should work here or not

I see that and it seems to me @stevj is correct

BowDown

Reaction score

The pcm will retest multiple times before displaying that code again.
I could reset my P0433/4 and get 100-200 miles before it'd display the code again

BowDown

Reaction score
So if I made the max reading the sensor would show .5v and let it work normally below that, would it trigger a code?

Why go through all that, if you're tuned is your pcm unlocked? Why not get hptuners and a couple credits and turn them off yourself

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had non-foulers work on my Mopars.

Jhncrwfrd

Reaction score
I've never had non-foulers work on my Mopars.
Different styles of non foulers installed and none of them seem to do anything. It's kind of weird though. I got those codes probably 2-3 times right after the header install. It's been 500 +/- miles at this point and it has not come back. Will see how it goes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Different styles of non foulers installed and none of them seem to do anything. It's kind of weird though. I got those codes probably 2-3 times right after the header install. It's been 500 +/- miles at this point and it has not come back. Will see how it goes.
Yeah, zive tried a couple different versions as well, and never had any luck with them. My last car I deleted the cats on, I just used my scan tool to clear the codes when they popped up. Was usually about once a week

Users who are viewing this thread