5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P0455 and fuel gauge

clint243

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 w the Hemi. Never had a single issue and last night I got CEL. This morning I run the code and its P0455 and which is an EVAP leak. I ran by the dealer and made it an apt for next week and then I noticed as I was leaving there. The Fuel Gauge was rising on its own……Very strange. Went to the store and filled the tank and it took 42.00 which is normally about half a tank. I have searched and can’t find much for the 5th gens and this code or issue. I will let the deal ship sort it out but have any of you guys seen or heard of these issues. Oh and its a 2020 tradesman with 7100 miles. Only mods are upgrading Uconnect to the 8.4” from the 5” and adding a flowmaster muffler. Other than that bone stock. And the mods that were done were done months ago…

thanks for any input and I’ll Post what the dealership does next week

Thanks Guys

clint243

Reaction score
Just an update...It goes in tomorrow morning and after driving 3 miles to work monday I came out to a small puddle of gas under my truck......I have no clue where it came from as I cant see any visible leaks on the frame or the tank...this gets stranger and stranger

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry too much about it. There’s probably a purge control valve not doing what it’s supposed to or road debris damage something near the EVAP canister. Warranty will probably cover any of that.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @clint243!

We're sorry to hear about this and would like to offer our assistance alongside your dealer appointment if interested. Please send us a private message with your VIN as well as any additional information relevant to this matter to get started.

Hannah
Ram Cares

clint243

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I hope so ...I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday and was hoping to hear something, I called this AM and they said they have not had a chance to pull it in yet.....I hope I am not left waiting for weeks.... but I'll update as I know more thanks again

And Hannah Ill get the info you'll need

clint243

Reaction score
Just as an update I was informed that the issue was a catastrophic failure of the fuel pump......but the odd thing was the truck still ran... but its fixed now so lets hope it doesnt happen again

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just as an update I was informed that the issue was a catastrophic failure of the fuel pump......but the odd thing was the truck still ran... but its fixed now so lets hope it doesnt happen again
That sounds like it shouldn’t be the case, but at least it’s fixed.

clint243

Reaction score
That sounds like it shouldn’t be the case, but at least it’s fixed.
Right ... I found it strange myself but they warrantied the repair. However since I got the truck only one of license plate light worked. I had them check that and the pigtail to that light was cut. They said it was due to an improperly installed trailer hitch....I find that odd as it came with one when I bought it brand new with 6 miles on the odometer....

the kicker was the 854.00 price tag to change out the pig tail...I told them not to do it its not that hard to solder and heat shrink a couple of wires....go figure

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right ... I found it strange myself but they warrantied the repair. However since I got the truck only one of license plate light worked. I had them check that and the pigtail to that light was cut. They said it was due to an improperly installed trailer hitch....I find that odd as it came with one when I bought it brand new with 6 miles on the odometer....

the kicker was the 854.00 price tag to change out the pig tail...I told them not to do it its not that hard to solder and heat shrink a couple of wires....go figure
Something sounds off with that dealer. The proximity of that wiring to the fuel tank area is raising my BS flags (honestly, the first explanation did too). Just my opinion- it may be worth it to try another dealer.

clint243

Reaction score
Just to clarify. The Lic plate light never has worked since the day I bought the truck....I moved about 10 hrs away from the selling dealer and had to find another dealer that didn't have a a 3 week waiting period ......but the BS about the trailer hitch has me scratching my head..

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just to clarify. The Lic plate light never has worked since the day I bought the truck....I moved about 10 hrs away from the selling dealer and had to find another dealer that didn't have a a 3 week waiting period ......but the BS about the trailer hitch has me scratching my head..
Bizarre.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh, I see.

Users who are viewing this thread