5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Owner’s Manual for 2020s

Francisco69

Reaction score
I just bought a 1500 Longhorn. Great truck. I’m really enjoying it so far.
I am disappointed though that the owners manual and “canvas bag” I got with the purchase. Being a Longhorn edition, I would have expected more than a canvas bag. Is that the standard? What did all of you get?

Bearman95

Reaction score
I contacted Ram cares and they sent me an actual printed owners manual free of charge. It’s about four times the size of the one that came with the truck. I have a 2020 Laramie. I think there’s a number though that you can call that is with the paperwork that comes with the truck and they will send a free owners manual to the original owner. That’s what I did with my 2018 jeep wrangler.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's what I got with my Big Horn.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Ranger482

Reaction score
Laramie for me but I had to call and have the actual owners manual sent to me as well. Only the scaled down version was included with the truck. I guess RAM feels many don't read them, which is probably true. I actually like understanding all my truck can do and the owners manual is a great source of information.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a 2017 RAM 1500. He got all of his stuff in a leather pouch and a keychain too I think.

What you got with your truck was the User Guide (312 pages) in your canvas bag. The Owner's Manual (645 pages) is available as a free PDF download on-line (23MB).

If you call RAM Customer Care at 1-866-726-4636 they will send you a printed Owner's Manual free of charge (as long as you are the original purchaser of the truck).

vincentw56

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a 2017 RAM 1500. He got all of his stuff in a leather pouch and a keychain too I think.

What you got with your truck was the User Guide (312 pages) in your canvas bag. The Owner's Manual (645 pages) is available as a free PDF download on-line (23MB).

If you call RAM Customer Care at 1-866-726-4636 they will send you a printed Owner's Manual free of charge (as long as you are the original purchaser of the truck).
I got the full owner's manual with my truck including the canvas bag. It was still wrapped in the plastic.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got the full owner's manual with my truck including the canvas bag. It was still wrapped in the plastic.

It’s not the full owner’s manual, as explained above. I have both (after requesting from FCA).

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must have been a change for 2019 - my bighorn came with a full manual, a quick guide, and several supplements for various systems. It was in a bag vs the leather pouch my 2014 had but I like the bag. The Check and Ford work trucks we get are just a cling wrapped manual with no pouch or bag.

vincentw56

Reaction score
It’s not the full owner’s manual, as explained above. I have both (after requesting from FCA).
Yes, full manual. Same as the PDF I downloaded.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, full manual. Same as the PDF I downloaded.

Nice of your dealer to order one on your behalf. Did they keep the short (300-page) booklet for themselves or include it as well?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Nice of your dealer to order one on your behalf. Did they keep the short (300-page) booklet for themselves or include it as well?
Or as it seems, maybe the 2020s came with them. I seriously doubt my dealer ordered it out of the kindness of their heart.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need the U connect manual
I did not even know that was a thing until you mentioned it. Thanks.

All I got with my truck was the Quick Reference Guide.

So I have 4 total guides/manuals for the truck in PDF:

1. Quick Reference Guide (hard copy with the trucki)
2. User Guide
3. Owner's Manual (hard copy ordered through FCA)
4. Radio Guide

Did I miss any?

If you are interested in them you can get to all of them through the link that Paultg posted above. The OWNER'S MANAUL tab will take you to the owner's manual (duh) and the rest are in the RADIO GUIDES & MORE tab. In that tab you can download the radio guide, and the quick reference and user guide are in the 'View Additional Resources' section below that.

Last edited:

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some dealers provide extra nice things to go with the standard documentation.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 042088 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread