5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

beaud666

Reaction score
Hello
I got a 2019 laramie sport crewcab 6.4ft bed. Right now i have the 22 wheels (i know and i agree, these are horrible) .
I'm looking to buy some new wheels and tires. Probably some 285/65r20 or something similar with 0 or -12 offset wheels. I want the best and softer ride possible. I came from 2016 ram sport with 275/65r20 cooper discoverer at3. They were awesome tire, no road noise and great handling. But too stiff. I d like something similar but smoother. Any idea what will be the best. I dont do offroad often anymore. I hit dirt road and trail once in awhile. Nothing crazy. Everything i can find are E rated (10 ply) and i'm scared that they are gona ride stiff.

Any recommandation would be appreciate.

First time posting here, I hope everything is good. Sorry if my english is not so good, i m french. From Quebec,Canada.

Thanks

Last edited:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You didn't mention a lift, but I'm guessing you had one for the 75 aspect ratio. I also plan to go to 20's and just 275/60/20 and find that a good percentage of tires in that size are standard load "SL" or "C" range, which should obviously ride softer. Otherwise, if you really are looking for that tall of a tire, floatation (inch) sizes may be your last resort, if available at all.

Good topic; report back what you find; a lot of us are tired of poor gas mileage and poor ride from "E" range tires on a 1/2 ton.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Hello
I got a 2019 laramie sport crewcab 6.4ft bed. Right now i have the 22 wheels (i know and i agree, these are horrible) .
I'm looking to buy some new wheels and tires. Probably some 285/65r20 or something similar with 0 or -12 offset wheels. I want the best and softer ride possible. I came from 2016 ram sport with 275/75r20 cooper discoverer at3. They were awesome tire, no road noise and great handling. But too stiff. I d like something similar but smoother. Any idea what will be the best. I dont do offroad often anymore. I hit dirt road and trail once in awhile. Nothing crazy. Everything i can find are E rated (10 ply) and i'm scared that they are gona ride stiff.

Any recommandation would be appreciate.

First time posting here, I hope everything is good. Sorry if my english is not so good, i m french. From Quebec,Canada.

Thanks
Falken RT 35x11.50 is your answer. 8 ply load range D, 34.8x11.7 only 64lbs.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have e rated 35's and I will confirm they do ride a bit stiff. They also will hurt mpg's and in my case are a bit noisy (mud terrain tires). Doesn't bother me much, but I also don't commute far in my truck as some do. Finding a lighter, less ply, less aggressive tire will help you all around.

beaud666

Reaction score
More sidewall = softer ride. Why not drop down to an 18" rim?
Yes, i was thinking about that too. But i still have some brand new hakkapeliitta 9 that i was planning to put on the same 20 inch wheels for winter. I know i can always sell them and buy some 18 for next winter. But i do like my 20s.
I might take that route anyway. Just not sure if the difference between the 18 vs 20 is worth it, for comfort.
Does it make that much of a diffence? E rated on 18 vs 20

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Nice tires. Are they loud? How is the handling on wet pavement ?

Thanks
Idk, the Falken RTs are a brand new tire. The only person I think I know thats running them is WX MAN. Falken makes good stuff though.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Yes, i was thinking about that too. But i still have some brand new hakkapeliitta 9 that i was planning to put on the same 20 inch wheels for winter. I know i can always sell them and buy some 18 for next winter. But i do like my 20s.
I might take that route anyway. Just not sure if the difference between the 18 vs 20 is worth it, for comfort.
Does it make that much of a diffence? E rated on 18 vs 20
I wouldn't know. My 18s are the biggest wheels I've ever had on a vehicle. But I have ridden on low profile tires and found the ride harsh. Do you trailer a bunch or something? Why do you need E rated tires?

beaud666

Reaction score
I wouldn't know. My 18s are the biggest wheels I've ever had on a vehicle. But I have ridden on low profile tires and found the ride harsh. Do you trailer a bunch or something? Why do you need E rated tires?
I dont need E rated tires. I just cant find anything that isnt on oversized tires. Seems like everything over 33 is 10 or 12 ply. Thats why i m asking here, if anyone knows a brand that is not E rated in a/t tires. I would like something between 34 and 35, and 11-12 inch wide.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are considering 18”, Nitto Recon comes in a 295/70R18 116S, 52.5 lbs. You’d probably need a lift or level to fit them, though. That’s a 34.3x11.8” tire.

They’ve also got 305/60R18 116S, 50 lbs. that’s only a hair taller than stock, 1.2 wider. I had that size (in the Terra Grappler G2) on my 2019, stock height, non-ORG Ram, with +1 offset wheels. Just a little zip tie on the front wheel well liners was all I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread