5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overland Build

BigSarge64

Reaction score
2020 Ram 2500 4x4 Offroad
I retired nearly 11 yrs ago and want to do some overlad in different states here in the US. I have been watching hundreds of videos on YouTube and I need some input on the following Please:
*Lift or no lift?
*Afordable and great performance Suspension Shocks
*I got the wheels and tires already
*An Affordable and Functional Bed Rack
*Anything else I may forgot
*Rock sliding bars
* I'm aiming for a 17.500 winch. I have seen many Rams 2500 with only a 12k lbs winch, but according to the 1.5 rule it seems not strong enough for a 10k lbs rig. Any input on this?
*Have anyone founf a good roof rack?
Any help will be greatly appreciated

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Ram 2500 4x4 Offroad
I retired nearly 11 yrs ago and want to do some overlad in different states here in the US. I have been watching hundreds of videos on YouTube and I need some input on the following Please:
*Lift or no lift?
*Afordable and great performance Suspension Shocks
*I got the wheels and tires already
*An Affordable and Functional Bed Rack
*Anything else I may forgot
*Rock sliding bars
* I'm aiming for a 17.500 winch. I have seen many Rams 2500 with only a 12k lbs winch, but according to the 1.5 rule it seems not strong enough for a 10k lbs rig. Any input on this?
*Have anyone founf a good roof rack?
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Although you will find a good amount of information here about building for "overlanding" this is the 1500 site.

Stick around as there is great info here.

But also become a member at our HeftyDuty site
www.HDRAMS.com

There you will find more specific info to your 2500. There are a few there doing the overlanding thing too

BigSarge64

Reaction score
Although you will find a good amount of information here about building for "overlanding" this is the 1500 site.

Stick around as there is great info here.

But also become a member at our HeftyDuty site
www.HDRAMS.com

There you will find more specific info to your 2500. There are a few there doing the overlanding thing too
Damn, I tho I was posting on the HD...My bad

Users who are viewing this thread