5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

over zealous back up sensors

zman

Reaction score
Has anyone had a issue when backing up and the truck just slams on the brakes and chimes stop only to have nothing behind you ??

Im almost certain im gonna have to bring the truck in to have them calibrated or flash update

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read it so many times. Never had it happen. And I’ve backed to inches of my Jeep in the driveway

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It happens.

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Happens to me often. Can’t stand it. I even flashed the Parktronics Module to the latest version that’s supposed to fix it. It didn’t, still does it as bad as before the flash. It’s definitely a software issue that still has bugs in it, just waiting for another update to become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Guys, I had the same issue. Drove me bonkers backing up my driveway. Happy to report that the latest OTA update fixed this issue for me. Been two week and it hasn’t slammed the brakes once, but it does when I approach the garage wall (as it should).

1586654965574.jpeg

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Happened too often on sloped driveways that I shut off the automatic braking. The audible alarm still works

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Happened too often on sloped driveways that I shut off the automatic braking. The audible alarm still works
This....
Third time it happened to me i was backing in to a parking spot. Nothing around but yellow paint stripes. Finished parking and disabled it before turning the truck off. What good is this technology when it doesn't work properly ?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

bryan28

Reaction score
Mine did it twice yesterday backing out of the driveway. Scared the bejeezus out of me the first time. Never knew the truck had the feature. I scrolled through the settings until I found the rear ParkSense brake assist feature and turned it off.

Last edited:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, did it to me twice last week. First time in about 6wks of ownership. Scared the outta me!

I’m quite certain there was nothing behind me the first time. I just wrote it off as a bird flying past the bumper or something. The second time was the very next day, and I was doing a multipoint turn on a narrow gravel road. Just the grass in the ditch caused it to lock the brakes. I had buzzers and beepers and flashes hitting me from all directions. What a terrible experience.

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Mine does it every now and again, especially when there is a hard shadow. It seems to think where the shadow ends and the bright sun begins is a physical structure...

BrainLinq

Reaction score
Mine did it today. Just got the truck last Thursday. I guess I'll dig around and see if I have the latest version of software, and if not then figure out how to force an update.

rebel without a cause

Reaction score
Happened to me a few times didnt know you that the latest OTA update fixes this issue. See what you can learn on this site.

dandar

Reaction score
Mine did it in both sloped driveway and hard shadow. When you have a combination of both it's pretty much guaranteed to go off. Also driving into my garage and out of it the constant beeping was very distracting. For that reason both front and rear sensors are usually off.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Mine does it when it should, and rarely when it shouldn't. For that reason I have left it on. It is startling but it has saved me from hitting the large hedgerow behind me when I back out of the garage. Go ahead and shame me for almost hitting that hedge, I don't care.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Mine did it backing out of a sloped driveway. Scared the life out of my whole family. It's so loud when the brakes engage.

MiiisterAnderson

Reaction score
Searched for this since it happened to me yesterday. I was backing around the other truck and going up the slight incline off pavement (from the driveway to the grassy incline) when the truck came to a sudden and abrupt halt with BRAKE! displayed. I looked in the camera thinking I'd missed something, parked it, walked behind the truck and nothing. I pulled forward and repeated the experience. There wasn't an approach speed that would NOT engage the automatic braking. I like the safety feature, but since this won't be the last time I'll have to take that route, I'm considering abandoning it.

Users who are viewing this thread