5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of warranty.. what now? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajogejr

Reaction score
More ignorant nonsense.
Yeah.
Like saying those who can’t afford the occasional large repair and live check to check are the only ones that shop extended warranty…. That kind of nonsense?

Before you answer that question, please consult a Psychologist.
But ask your financial advisor first if a doctor is the best way to spend your money.

Yeah, you sound that ignorant.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dude get a life this conversation is biased and there is no right answer.

You are factually wrong. The math very strongly favors those who sell extended warranties or no one would ever sell them. However, people with tunnel vision who can only see a single vehicle and the extremely rare extreme maintenance cost that occurs when an extended warranty would apply will buy them. They are the same people who will avoid investments because they have tunnel vision and can only see the rare period of loss.

According to this source, less than half of new car buyers purchase extended warranties and only 1 out of 10 of those ever use that warranty. According to many other sources, the percent of people who purchase extended warranties goes way down the older people get and realize they are a waste of money.

There is absolutely a right answer.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah.
Like saying those who can’t afford the occasional large repair and live check to check are the only ones that shop extended warranty…. That kind of nonsense?

Try again, since I never said that.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are factually wrong. The math very strongly favors those who sell extended warranties or no one would ever sell them. However, people with tunnel vision who can only see a single vehicle and the extremely rare extreme maintenance cost that occurs when an extended warranty would apply will buy them. They are the same people who will avoid investments because they have tunnel vision and can only see the rare period of loss.

According to this source, only less than half of new car buyers purchase extended warranties and only 1 out of 10 of those ever use that warranty. According to many other sources, the percent of people who purchase extended warranties goes way down the older people get and realize they are a waste of money.

Ok well I’ll tel you what you want to hear. You’re right I’m wrong. I can sleep just fine at night knowing I bought an extended warranty (70k miles) and have already paid myself back with the expenses of the last 3 visits I had to make with this truck. ✌🏽

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok well I’ll tel you what you want to hear. You’re right I’m wrong. I can sleep just fine at night knowing I bought an extended warranty (70k miles) and have already paid myself back with the expenses of the last 3 visits I had to make with this truck. ✌🏽

I have no need for you or anyone else to support my position and I don't care if you waste your money purchasing extended warranties. I only care about those who are on the fence when it comes to making a decision having all the facts and not just examples of rare events expressed by those with tunnel vision.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No, they only make sense for those who cannot afford the rare expensive repair out of their pocket. Extended warranties do not last forever. They cover the most reliable period of a car's life and end as the vehicle approaches the period where it's more likely to start breaking down.

Wrong aggain, I can afford an out of pocket expensive repair, do I want to when I can mitigate it? No. Why would I want to pay for a tranmission failure at 100K miles when I can buy an extended warranty for $2K that will cover that repair, what sense does that make?
And I bought an extended warranty to cover the period AFTER the most reliable part of a cars life, hence the word Ex-tend-ed.

BowDown

Reaction score
My comment is fact. THINK HARDER. Every financial advisor on the planet would tell you buying extended car warranties is a poor financial decision. Just because you are incapable of comprehending what I have been saying does not make it BS.

Ok. My extended warranty was $2200.
Engine failure and replacment, $10-15K
Trans failure and replacement, $8-10K
ETorque generator faiulure, $1K
MDS failure, eat a cam, 3-4K

What finiancial advisor thinks those failures are less than 2K, I want to know so I dont go to them. My warranty has already repaid all but $200 of its cost

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score

According to this source, less than half of new car buyers purchase extended warranties and only 1 out of 10 of those ever use that warranty. According to many other sources, the percent of people who purchase extended warranties goes way down the older people get and realize they are a waste of money.

Maybe do your due dillegence on a particular vehicle model before extended purchase and determine if your vehicle purchase warrants an extended warranty. I'd bet you many a BMW owner would disagree with yor comments. All an extended warranty is is an insurance policy, a gamble that something will or will not happen. Do you have full coverage insurance on a paid off vehicle?

Your comment regarding being able to afford a repair is just flat wrong, poor logic

dajogejr

Reaction score
Extended warranties are only valuable for people living paycheck to paycheck who can't afford an unexpected repair cost.

No, they only make sense for those who cannot afford the rare expensive repair out of their pocket.

Again.
Stop with the BS.
You can try to wordsmith this however you want, but really, you’re just bitter and bored.

On second thought…don’t bother asking that financial advisor if seeing that doctor is worth it.
Just do it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
However, people with tunnel vision who can only see a single vehicle and the extremely rare extreme maintenance cost that occurs when an extended warranty would apply will buy them.
What extended service contract covers "extreme maintenance"?
Extended warranties do not last forever.
There are people who have lifetime service contracts, they cover repairs until they exceed the value of the vehicle.

You will take your stance, others will take theirs. You won't convince me to buy or not buy. I will do what think is best for me.

That small cost I paid will absolutely be returned in repairs and back to my bank(I will be paid to fix my truck) over the next 8 years. I have a disappearing deductible.

dajogejr

Reaction score
What extended service contract covers "extreme maintenance"?

There are people who have lifetime service contracts, they cover repairs until they exceed the value of the vehicle.

You will take your stance, others will take theirs. You won't convince me to buy or not buy. I will do what think is best for me.

That small cost I paid will absolutely be returned in repairs and back to my bank(I will be paid to fix my truck) over the next 8 years. I have a disappearing deductible.
I guess he should ask his financial advisor if buying an expensive truck, or even a brand new one, considering depreciation, etc., as soon as you drive it off the lot, is the right move.

I mean if we’re gonna play the financial advisor route, is a 60, 70, 80, $90K truck a good, return investment?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess he should ask his financial advisor if buying an expensive truck, or even a brand new one, considering depreciation, etc., as soon as you drive it off the lot, is the right move.

I mean if we’re gonna play the financial advisor route, is a 60, 70, 80, $90K truck a good, return investment?
Let alone 22 new vehicles.... smart financial advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread