5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OTA software update apparently corrupted the radio and climate control.

Dsmith333

Reaction score
Without asking last month, my 23 Laramie did an upgrade while driving and either finished or gave up with an error - though the version # is updated to MY23.T27-46-PROD. Before the upgrade, all the display and radio features worked fine. At the time, I only lost the navigation and everything else seemed normal. After a power cycle, I got the map back but the climate control system insisted on displaying celsius. A soft-rest/reboot made things worse. Yes I waited 24 hours and a few menu options came back but a lot of functionality was gone. I then did a factory reset and waited but it got worse. Thankfully the backup and surround cameras are working as before. Navigation works and I can operate the radio controls but the entire system is muted (unless I back up and then the radio comes on at a very low volume)

Most of the on-screen climate controls don't work but oddly the heated seat control for the passenger side turns on the driver side. The external buttons kind of work with a lag but heating or cooling means punching the up and down buttons many times to see any effect. As for the radio, I get a message "buckle seatbelt to unmute audio" and of course having them buckled or not does nothing. The steering wheel controls don't work. I now have the offroad page despite not having the offroad package. Many of the vehicle settings are new or different and selecting different options like blind spot settings results in a "can't be saved, try again" message.

The dealer thought the software upgrade didn't understand the vehicle configuration - hence the visibility of the offroad data like tilt angle. They restored that and reset the ECU to no apparent affect. They went back and forth with the factory a few times and gave up for now. I'm waiting either on STAR approval for a new radio or a new radio to be shipped. Nothing on the instrument panel display is affected and it drives just like before.

Any ideas or suggestions? I know that most of the time these issues are solved by rebooting or waiting a few days but not this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online