5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oscillating humming noise?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Problem solved. It was the tonneau cover drumming. I am very happy this seemed to do the trick. I just took the cover off and drove about 10 miles on the highway with cruise set at 70mph and the noise is gone!

Thank you for sharing this update, tyresmoker! So glad to hear it. If you have any additional questions or concerns down the road, please do not hesitate to shoot us a PM.

Mark
RamCares

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this update, tyresmoker! So glad to hear it. If you have any additional questions or concerns down the road, please do not hesitate to shoot us a PM.

Mark
RamCares
I actually spoke too soon. After a lengthy road trip without the cover, whatever is making the noise is still there, it is just amplified by the empty body with the cover on it. Kinda the same concept as the way a subwoofer works.

RamCares

Reaction score
I actually spoke too soon. After a lengthy road trip without the cover, whatever is making the noise is still there, it is just amplified by the empty body with the cover on it. Kinda the same concept as the way a subwoofer works.

Oh no, definitely not the follow up we wanted to see tyresmoker! If you plan to continue working with your dealer on this, please be sure to let us know via private message. I would be happy to get a case escalated on your behalf for further support while in service.

Mark
RamCares

Hrspwr88

Reaction score

Dam. Back to square one...

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Shoot me a PM with the last 6 of your VIN if you want, it would be interesting to see how closely our trucks were built...Mine was completed on 12/14/19...

Sent. Mine was about that week also. I took possession in Canada on the 27th of Dec.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Turns out two of my oem Bridgestones were defective. I replaced them no thanks to my dealer who fed me "Could not replicate, operating as designed"

Still the May delivery on the driveshaft?

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Turns out two of my oem Bridgestones were defective. I replaced them no thanks to my dealer who fed me "Could not replicate, operating as designed"

Still the May delivery on the driveshaft?
i

I am on 22" Eagles. They replaced one of mine. It i going back in next week for them to take another stab at it.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
**update and fixed**

After much pain with the dealership after the longer awaited driveshaft didnt fix the noise. (Surpirse surpirse)
They finally opened up the rear end looking for a bad bearing. They ended up funded a chipped pinion gear and damaged on the ring gear as well as an adjuster screw that was completely bottomed out from the factory. Put a complete new rear end in the truck. Noise is gone! Only took 5months...

tyresmoker

Reaction score
**update and fixed**

After much pain with the dealership after the longer awaited driveshaft didnt fix the noise. (Surpirse surpirse)
They finally opened up the rear end looking for a bad bearing. They ended up funded a chipped pinion gear and damaged on the ring gear as well as an adjuster screw that was completely bottomed out from the factory. Put a complete new rear end in the truck. Noise is gone! Only took 5months...
That is great news! Sorry I didn't back to you with the VIN info...Our trucks were built at almost the same time.....
Glad your guys figured this out. I will be forwarding this info to my dealer tomorrow. Will keep you posted!

Users who are viewing this thread