5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP Springs

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Go to your local ram dealer and find a truck on the lot with the ORP. Write down the Vin number. Walk into the parts department and give them the Vin number and ask them for the front and rear springs. They can pull up the correct part numbers that way and you can order them

Truckguy

Reaction score
Found this older post with part numbers.

This does not apply to the Rebel. The Rebel has different part numbers, and potentially a different setup up front. The Rebel does not have the "ORP", it has it's own setup.

Here's an addendum with part numbers that I have gathered up. I have confirmed that the ORP rear shock is 1" taller/longer than normal, the rear ORP spring is taller/longer, and the ORP front shocks are the same exact size as normal. What I haven't verified (but highly suspect) is that the ORP front springs are also taller/longer because they are different part numbers like all the others, though they could potentially have different spring rates which would also create lift. I'm know the springs do the lift both front and back, and the shocks support the lift by having appropriate centering for proper travel and response (and that's it). Both front and rear are easily compressed by body weight so I know the shocks don't have enough ability on their own to produce any lift, and I have confirmed that the front shocks are the same height. I already have the ORP shocks and struts and rear springs in my garage, just waiting on my ORP front springs to ship to me.

Summary Findings:
The front are shocks, not struts (though I catch myself calling them struts at times) - they are just coil-over shocks.
The front ORP shocks are the same dimensions as the non-ORP in all ways. They do not contribute to the 1" lift.
The front springs cause the 1" lift.
The rear ORP shocks are ~1" longer than the non-ORP.
The rear ORP shocks do not contribute to the lift.
The rear ORP springs are about ~1.25" taller than the non-ORP.
The rear springs cause the 1" lift.

These are the numbers I have gathered (use at your own risk! Recommend you still use your VIN at your local dealership to at least validate):

Off Road Package (4x4, 5.7L, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, non-air suspension):
Front Spring - 68320249AB
Front Shock/Strut - 68277314AC (This part number is on the strut from the factory but not in any system, retail crossover looks to be 68404037AD)
Rear Spring - 68262684AB (or 68262686AB)
(I cannot figure out why there are two part numbers that people have used - up to this point I have only been able to verify 68262684AB for myself, though another member used 68262686AB sucessfully)
Rear Shock - 68262592AC

Non-ORP "regular" (4x4, 5.7L, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, non-air suspension):
Front Spring - 68320236AB
Front Shock/strut - 68277312AC (This part number is on the strut from the factory but not in any system, retail crossover looks to be 68404036AD)
Rear Spring - 68262675AB
Rear Shock - 68262590AC

Will continue my research.

ORP (green) and non-ORP (red) front shocks - same body length, same perch location, same overall length. Both easily compressed with body-weight.
View attachment 15973
68277314ac

Users who are viewing this thread