5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP lift question.

JohnProvident

Reaction score
I’m new to the forum so I’m sorry if this topic has been covered. This will be my first lift on any truck I’ve owned. I have a 2021 BTS big 1500. From what I’ve read, it has a 1” lift from factory. So if I install a 3.5” ready lift kit will I get 3.5 inches of lift in addition to the factory 1 inch lift? Or will it really be a 2.5 inch lift? I’m sorry if that’s a dumb question. Also, is the 3.5 inch SST Ready lift kit ok?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Becaue you are using pucks it would be in addition to. Which is bad. It's too much lift without dropping the diffs and you'll really thrash your front end. Pucks are a bad idea anyway. Use this one. It will be a couple of hundred more but it will give you a much better ride and won't damage your truck. Bilstein 5100 Lift System - 2019-2022 Ram 1500 4WD

Last edited:

JohnProvident

Reaction score
With that kit you sent me do I need to add the springs or anything that is extra? I’m assuming I need UCAs but can I order cheaper ones from somewhere else?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With that kit you sent me do I need to add the springs or anything that is extra? I’m assuming I need UCAs but can I order cheaper ones from somewhere else?
Of course. You can piece your own kit together. Just look around. Just don't use pucks or spacers. With that kit the rear coils come with it and you use your stock springs in the front.

JohnProvident

Reaction score
Of course. You can piece your own kit together. Just look around. Just don't use pucks or spacers. With that kit the rear coils come with it and you use your stock springs in the front.
I ordered that kit and also ordered UCAs for up to 4 inches of lift. Is this kit going to add 2 more inches giving me a total lift of 3 inches with the ORP?
I was wondering if you know of a way to get another half or whole inch of lift with this setup that would be safe to do? I know you said stay away from the pucks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered that kit and also ordered UCAs for up to 4 inches of lift. Is this kit going to add 2 more inches giving me a total lift of 3 inches with the ORP?
I was wondering if you know of a way to get another half or whole inch of lift with this setup that would be safe to do? I know you said stay away from the pucks.
The Bilstien 5100s will only add the amount of lift you set them up for. The instructions will tell you which clip to use for the amount of lift you want. And there are separate specs for ORP trucks. If you are replacing the rear factory coils, then subtract 1" off of whatever the new coils are listed for.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Bilstien 5100s will only add the amount of lift you set them up for. The instructions will tell you which clip to use for the amount of lift you want. And there are separate specs for ORP trucks. If you are replacing the rear factory coils, then subtract 1" off of whatever the new coils are listed for.
This^^^. If you use your stock ORP coils Bilstein says to Stop at clip 5. Don't go any higher. That should put you close to 3 inches.

JohnProvident

Reaction score
I’m wondering if I should have gone for a different kit. I kind of want more than 3 inches of total lift lol. Do you know of any decent kits that could lift me an additional 3 inches without pucks?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Eibach, RC M1 upgrade, BDS 3" w/ Fox.

RC has the 3.5, otherwise 4" and above you'll need to cut crossmember for diff drop.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I've done the 2, 4, 6" and now sticking with BDS 3" w/ Fox 2.5 w/ 285/65R20 Falken Wildpeak AT4W

JohnProvident

Reaction score
No, I have the Laramie with standard crappy suspension. Wallows like a boat.
Can you upload pics of your truck. I’d like to see how yours sits at 3 inches because that’s prob about where mine will sit with the Bilstein 5100s right?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you upload pics of your truck. I’d like to see how yours sits at 3 inches because that’s prob about where mine will sit with the Bilstein 5100s right?
I would, but I don't have it installed yet. Quite a few on here running the BDS 3" kit.

utlong31

Reaction score

418b1bddc60c09a07d8becea39e97e6b.jpg

d6b16f99be03409c796ba3bbf28821ee.jpg

Not the greatest picture but it’s filthy right now or I’d get a closer picture. I am running 295-65-r20 tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebel has the 1" factory lift as well. This is mine with an overall 3" front, 2" rear with 295/70R18 tires. 1" of rake. It's 2" spacers in the front with RC UCA's and Timber Grove bags in the back (added some lift with lowest PSI in them). Yeah, yeah, spacers are cheap. They work for what I do now, and when my shocks go in another 20k miles or so I'll go with a full coilover setup.

1715280272397.png

Last edited:

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m wondering if I should have gone for a different kit. I kind of want more than 3 inches of total lift lol. Do you know of any decent kits that could lift me an additional 3 inches without pucks?
To go any higher you would need to do a drop kit. They have to cut your frame in order to drop the diffs. Lot's of guys do it. So, it is a way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread