5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original Oil Filter

Gemlin

Reaction score
My mopar oil filter developed a small leak (crack) at 200 miles. It was 8:30pm at night so I decided to change the filter without taking it to the dealer.

What I thought would take less than 5 minutes went on for nearly an hour. Does the factory put the initial oil filter on with an impact gun????? I ended up crushing the filter before I got it off. The placement of the filter wasn't in the best place on my 4x4 hemi 2019.

Well its got a hand tightened filter on it now and fresh oil. Perhaps the worker on the engine plant thought... Lets see how tight I can install a filter.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My mopar oil filter developed a small leak (crack) at 200 miles. It was 8:30pm at night so I decided to change the filter without taking it to the dealer.

What I thought would take less than 5 minutes went on for nearly an hour. Does the factory put the initial oil filter on with an impact gun????? I ended up crushing the filter before I got it off. The placement of the filter wasn't in the best place on my 4x4 hemi 2019.

Well its got a hand tightened filter on it now and fresh oil. Perhaps the worker on the engine plant thought... Lets see how tight I can install a filter.

Lots of folks complain about that on here, along with the placement. You joined the club

U

User_3336

I don't think i've seen any vehicle so far that didn't have the oil filter on so tight you had to fight with it, stick a screw driver thru it, or break down and take it to the dealer for an oil change.

Problem is, its put on dry (no oil around the seal), and put on my a machine most likely to a certain torque/spec.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
I absolutely crushed the factory filter trying to unscrew it. It was ridiculously tight.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I took my time and got it off with a few dents... but it was no where near the time it should have took... I agree, there is someone laughing at us all

Users who are viewing this thread