5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ordering Ram 1500 with non refundable deposits?

ramhouston

Reaction score
Anyone know of dealerships that don’t require a non refundable deposit for special orders in Southeast Texas? All of the dealerships that i have reached out to within my area all require a $1000 non refundable deposit for special orders which i think is absurd. TIA!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you checked with Mark Dodge out of Lake Charles .. yes I know it’s not Texas but your neighboring state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you checked with Mark Dodge out of Lake Charles .. yes I know it’s not Texas but your neighboring state.

They require the same, at least they did when I ordered. Would 100% recommend them still.

NRitland2

Reaction score
I think every dealership you try an build with will require the same

franc944

Reaction score
I think every dealership you try an build with will require the same
I placed a $500 deposit last month with Papas Dodge of New Britain ct. invoice and rebates purchase.

They asked for $1,000. I said 500. They did run my credit which is stellar and I promised to finance with them at 0% for 72 months. That’s why they said they would make an exception and take a $500 deposit . And it’s not like they can’t sell the back country 1500 in a minute at msrp if I backed out anyway.

Cda3488

Reaction score

MD is also $1000 down.

squid013

Reaction score
Anyone know of dealerships that don’t require a non refundable deposit for special orders in Southeast Texas? All of the dealerships that i have reached out to within my area all require a $1000 non refundable deposit for special orders which i think is absurd. TIA!
I worked with mark dodge, and the 1000 deposit was worth itmb they do that to protect themselves from either having to hold inventory for up to 90 days, or from a fine from stellantas. Think of it as ernest money when buying a home. If they have a number of sold vehicles that dont get moved after delivery, they get hit with a fine from stelantas and then are restricted in what they can order.

As the saying goes, if you want to play you got to pay. The nice thing is if the vehicle is not to spec you arent obligated to receive it

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

n8zcc

Reaction score
No deposit was needed when I ordered my Longhorn in November. If I recall correctly, Michigan law doesn't allow non-refundable deposits. Check with your state's AG to see if the same is true.

franc944

Reaction score
I ordered my C8 corvette with a $1000 REFUNDABLE deposit. Same logic in that they would have no trouble selling it for even more if I changed my mind and didn't want it.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's actually a good thing if they are also locking in your purchase price and/or trade value. New car prices are likely to keep going up, and trade values are slowly but surely going down, and the dealer is not (legally) obligated to stick by either number they give you initially UNLESS you have a signed document that says so, with specific amounts on it. And they will likely only do that if you made a non-refundable deposit.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t agree with non-refundable deposits at all, and have not encountered that yet. What happens when the truck you ordered and you thought you would like, you actually hate or has a major issue and you don’t want it on delivery?

CRL125

Reaction score
I don’t agree with non-refundable deposits at all, and have not encountered that yet. What happens when the truck you ordered and you thought you would like, you actually hate or has a major issue and you don’t want it on delivery?
you lose your deposit...unless they let you apply to another order...

postapocalypsecarly

Reaction score
i agree im in nj and if its a regular car im taking 500 deps REFUNDABLE

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If there is an issue with the vehicle upon delivery, or it doesn't match what you ordered, they should correct the issue, or order a new one.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the truck comes in as ordered and you just decide you don't like what you ordered you should lose your deposit IMO. But if the truck is built incorrectly then you should get a refund or they order another one (precisely what happened to me)

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not Texas, but the dealer in my state told me $500 refundable deposit. At pickup, I just rolled that into the rest of my down payment.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the truck comes in as ordered and you just decide you don't like what you ordered you should lose your deposit IMO. But if the truck is built incorrectly then you should get a refund or they order another one (precisely what happened to me)
I’m glad you’re not in charge of it then, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread