5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering 2021 EcoDiesel March 13, 2021 Have Questions on options and accessories

Dadeoo

Reaction score
Been towing across the USA with my 2021 ecodiesel since Feb 15 when we left home towing our 22 foot Grand Design Imagine trailer. It weighs 5500. We love the bigger fuel tank, mileage, and stable ride. No it doesn't have Ram's airbags or leveling system. We were advised that the Ram system doesn't last long when driven on salty northern roads. Mileage varies depending on speed, wind and mountains. At 60, no wind and flat it's close to 14 mpg. At 70, into the wind and in the mountains we got only 10.5 mpg, driving across west texas in mountains into a 40-50 mph headwind on a 75 mile an hour road. Into a dust storm.

All figures are better than when towing with my old Nissan Frontier, which never saw 10 MPG while towing, or over 20 when not. Range while towing is between 350 and 450. When not towing... its godsmacking amazing... 750 - 800 miles.

I'd get the bigger gas tank and not get the rear adjustable suspension from FCA. You can add after market suspension improvements that cost far less than FCA's.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been towing across the USA with my 2021 ecodiesel since Feb 15 when we left home towing our 22 foot Grand Design Imagine trailer. It weighs 5500. We love the bigger fuel tank, mileage, and stable ride. No it doesn't have Ram's airbags or leveling system. We were advised that the Ram system doesn't last long when driven on salty northern roads. Mileage varies depending on speed, wind and mountains. At 60, no wind and flat it's close to 14 mpg. At 70, into the wind and in the mountains we got only 10.5 mpg, driving across west texas in mountains into a 40-50 mph headwind on a 75 mile an hour road. Into a dust storm.

All figures are better than when towing with my old Nissan Frontier, which never saw 10 MPG while towing, or over 20 when not. Range while towing is between 350 and 450. When not towing... its godsmacking amazing... 750 - 800 miles.

I'd get the bigger gas tank and not get the rear adjustable suspension from FCA. You can add after market suspension improvements that cost far less than FCA's.
That's the old system was known for issues. I haven't heard of any air suspension issues at all with DT rams.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Well it showed up today, June 9. Everything I wanted and nothing I didn’t. Looking forward to the first tow after the spirited drive home from the dealer.

b57a3818bdfb0c4afcbcb68a4be8078d.jpg

2012 4th gen SXT crew Hemi retired.
Factory ordered 2021 Rebel Billet Silver Metallic EcoDiesel March 10, built May 18, build sheet May 19, window sticker May 22, delivered June 9. Dutchmen 268bhs 33’ trailer, 7600lbs +/- 100lbs loaded and scaled.

Users who are viewing this thread