5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn Today!

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
Hello all. I’m excited to join the forums and become a RAM owner in the near future. I just submitted my factory order today for a Big Horn 4X4 with the 5’7” bed. Here’s a quick summary of added options and accessories:
- HEMI with eTorque engine
- 3.92 Rear Axle
- Air Suspension
- 33 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Big Horn Level 2 Package
- Sport Edition Package (dealer claimed I had to choose between this and the night appearance package because of the air suspension upgrade but I honestly did not want this option)
- Bed Utility Group
- Premium Lighting Group
- Trailer Tow Group
- White Exterior
- Wheel-to-Wheel Side Steps
- Rear Wheelhouse Liners
- 8.4 inch Uconnect
- 9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
- Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
- Blind Spot and Rear Cross Path Detection

I also requested the black/light mountain brown interior although the sport package says black interior accents. My salesman said he can make my color choice happen and I made sure he wrote it down on my buyers agreement this morning but I’m not getting my hopes up. I’m prepared to just buy seat covers if the interior ends up being the black fabric but you better believe I will give the financial manager hell when it comes down to negotiating the final contract on delivery day. I don’t understand how the build & price option on the website didn’t force me to get the sport appearance package but the website the dealer used didn’t let them bypass it. Whatever though, it has every other option I’d like on my very first truck so I’m excited but will be waiting patiently because I know factory orders can be delayed. As long as I get it by February I’ll be happy. The MSRP was $58,575 but I was able to get it down to an even $53,000 (including $2,500 in rebates and incentives) so I’m happy with that price considering it was a custom order. This is an addition to the fleet as I already own a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. I totally did not mean to make my very first post here this long but I’m excited for my new truck!

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
My order has been in a shipping (KZ) status for 11 days now but I am finally able to view the build sheet/window sticker. I was happy to see that the sport appearance package was not added so now I’ll have to renegotiate the price because the dealer told me it was not possible to have my specific build without it.

Does anyone have an personal experience with a factory order being slightly different then requested and having to renegotiate?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

mschiffel

Reaction score
My order has been in a shipping (KZ) status for 11 days now but I am finally able to view the build sheet/window sticker. I was happy to see that the sport appearance package was not added so now I’ll have to renegotiate the price because the dealer told me it was not possible to have my specific build without it.

Does anyone have an personal experience with a factory order being slightly different then requested and having to renegotiate?
How did you find the shipping status? I did find my window sticker, but I have no status yet. I ordered a Ram Rebel back on October 3rd, and I can't get any information at all. Thank you...Mike S.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
How did you find the shipping status? I did find my window sticker, but I have no status yet. I ordered a Ram Rebel back on October 3rd, and I can't get any information at all. Thank you...Mike S.
I was lucky enough to get a friendly live agent (I believe it was Amber) who copied and pasted all the information from her system and it showed me the status code and number of days in that status. I believe when you’re able to view your window sticker you’re in the shipping status.

I was also provided with an estimated delivery date of November 6-11 so hopefully I’ll be receiving my truck tomorrow!

Good luck to you and I hope you received yours sooner than later!

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
Also, use this link tomorrow morning to chat with a live agent:

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
So I received the phone call that my truck was delivered around 3:30 pm. I arrived at the dealer at 5:30 pm. I drove away from the dealer at approximately 9:45 pm. I was pretty unhappy about the slow turn around but the worst part about it is that I’ll have to go back to have some scratches on the front bumper repaired. Whomever brought my vehicle down from the lot, grazed another car and scratched my bumper. You better believe I raised hell about this so I got some freebies thrown in to sweeten up my deal even further. I’ll get some pictures posted tomorrow when the sun is up! All this to say that I got my truck in just under 30 days so I’m ecstatic!

mschiffel

Reaction score
I finally got a call from the salesman, and he said that my truck was there. I took it home the next day. It's everything I wanted it to be. 2020 RAM Rebel in red. It took six weeks and one day. It was delivered in perfect condition. No complaints so far.

Users who are viewing this thread