5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

wintaborn

Reaction score
Just got word I will get my truck that was bumped from a 2021 to 2022 and it will arrive to the dealer in late Sept or Early Oct! It's been a long wait since Feb, but that sounds promising. At least it seems that they have kept the production order putting the 2021 ahead of all the 2022s that were ordered? Is there a way for me to confirm the actual build date if it's a Canadian truck?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got word I will get my truck that was bumped from a 2021 to 2022 and it will arrive to the dealer in late Sept or Early Oct! It's been a long wait since Feb, but that sounds promising. At least it seems that they have kept the production order putting the 2021 ahead of all the 2022s that were ordered? Is there a way for me to confirm the actual build date if it's a Canadian truck?
Can your dealer confirm that this means you're in D1 status?

You're on the tracker, and @triple_B will pick up your VIN in his daily scans. So as soon as the Build Sheet and/or Window Sticker are published, you'll be notified on this forum.

skeletta

Reaction score
@Eighty @triple_B any chance you can check if my vin changed status from JS to one of the K statuses? reason i ask is ramchat said ETA is sept 6, dealer has no updates, yesterday my window sticker said not available (last week it was available but some of the options looked a bit off). Today window sticker shows up now and the details/options are bang on. last digits of vin MN814503

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty @triple_B any chance you can check if my vin changed status from JS to one of the K statuses? reason i ask is ramchat said ETA is sept 6, dealer has no updates, yesterday my window sticker said not available (last week it was available but some of the options looked a bit off). Today window sticker shows up now and the details/options are bang on. last digits of vin MN814503
I don't have those magical powers, but @triple_B might be able to look it up (if a build sheet or window sticker has been issued). You've given me your full VIN before, and I passed that on to him.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I cant see status and only have the same visibility as everyone else. (Build sheet and Window Sticker visibility). Since your window sticker was just released Monday and it isn't clear yet how far the plant shutdown this week reaches, it may or may not have shipped yet.

wintaborn

Reaction score
Can your dealer confirm that this means you're in D1 status?

You're on the tracker, and @triple_B will pick up your VIN in his daily scans. So as soon as the Build Sheet and/or Window Sticker are published, you'll be notified on this forum.
The dealer said am in D1. That's awesome that you have daily VIN scans. I didn't know you guys were doing that...this is pro level support!

RamCanuck

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm fairly new to this forum and was hoping to seek some information regarding the 2022 upcoming models.
I've placed an order for a Ram Sport (Night Edition) through a Canadian dealership and was told there will be no shortages due to the semiconductor chip delays. However, now I've been hearing through other dealerships that once they build a 2022 model from their ends, the dual sun-roof is not available to be chosen as an option and if you would like to select one, the wait extends by weeks if not months.

I have selected the dual sun-roof and when I asked my dealership if it's affected by any way at the plant, their answer was no, all should be included and good to go. I'm starting to doubt their way of handling this as I know I will be faced with something I'm not pleased with once the truck arrives. (Yes I've had terrible luck in the past).

Would anyone know or have inside info as to what options we may not see for 2022 models ; e.g. dual sun-roof? I also have my VIN # for anyone who think it may be useful.

My apologies in advance if this topic was covered elsewhere.

Thank you!

Last edited:

wintaborn

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm fairly new to this forum and was hoping to seek some information regarding the 2022 upcoming models.
I've placed an order for a Ram Sport (Night Edition) through a Canadian dealership and was told there will be no shortages due to the semiconductor chip delays. However, now I've been hearing through other dealerships that once they build a 2022 model from their ends, the dual sun-roof is not available to be chosen as an option and if you would like to select one, the wait extends by weeks if not months.

I have selected the dual sun-roof and when I asked my dealership if it's affected by any way at the plant, their answer was no, all should be included and good to go. I'm starting to doubt their way of handing this as I know I will be faced with something I'm not pleased with once the truck arrives. (Yes I've had terrible luck in the past).

Would anyone know or have inside info as to what options we may not see for 2022 models ; e.g. dual sun-roof? I also have my VIN # for anyone who think it may be useful.

Thank you!
Fellow Canadian - I ordered my 2021 in Feb with the sunroof. I've now been moved to a 2022 and the sunroof remains. Maybe the sunroof is part of the delay, but I don't think they will ship you a truck with different specs than you ordered. You can pull up your Canadian window sticker here with your VIN - https://windowsticker.fcacanada.ca/?language=en&vin=yourvinnumber - On my sticker I see Power Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof listed

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have selected the dual sun-roof and when I asked my dealership if it's affected by any way at the plant, their answer was no, all should be included and good to go. I'm starting to doubt their way of handing this as I know I will be faced with something I'm not pleased with once the truck arrives. (Yes I've had terrible luck in the past).

Thank you!
Welcome, sit back and enjoy the wait/ride with the rest of us.

First I don't believe the "no shortage" everyone else is hearing we will have shortages. Most of us are past the initial estimate and they keep pushing back the start date for the MY22s.

About the sun roof. This file was shared on another thread I think yesterday. It has been the topic of a lot of discussion. If you go down to the Interior section it shows the dual pane is an option for all but the tradesman and the HFE. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• 2022_RAM_1500_Feature Availability.pdf
    204.1 KB · Views: 15

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Fellow Canadian - I ordered my 2021 in Feb with the sunroof. I've now been moved to a 2022 and the sunroof remains. Maybe the sunroof is part of the delay, but I don't think they will ship you a truck with different specs than you ordered. You can pull up your Canadian window sticker here with your VIN - https://windowsticker.fcacanada.ca/?language=en&vin=yourvinnumber - On my sticker I see Power Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof listed

You can pull your windows sticker already? Down here we can only pull it once the truck is finished being built

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Thank you!
Hey, check the PM I sent you - it's got your Window Sticker in it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do I submit my vin for order tracking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just send me a PM with the following:
  • VIN (or last 6 digits, if you don't want to provide the full VIN)
  • Order date
  • Trim (Limited, Rebel, etc.)
  • And please let me know if you have any specialty packages - GT, 10th Anniversary Limited Edition, Back Country, Southwest Edition, Southfork Edition)

2022_oh_yeah

Reaction score
just send me a PM with the following:
  • VIN (or last 6 digits, if you don't want to provide the full VIN)
  • Order date
  • Trim (Limited, Rebel, etc.)
  • And please let me know if you have any specialty packages - GT, 10th Anniversary Limited Edition, Back Country, Southwest Edition, Southfork Edition)

Done, please check - apologies for piece mail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeletta

Reaction score
i saw a brand new Ram Rebel in billet silver on a delivery truck in Toronto yesterday. disappointed it was mine but optimistic that mine will still get delivered now.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have selected the dual sun-roof and when I asked my dealership if it's affected by any way at the plant, their answer was no, all should be included and good to go. I'm starting to doubt their way of handling this as I know I will be faced with something I'm not pleased with once the truck arrives. (Yes I've had terrible luck in the past).

Thank you!
Another fellow Canadian here....ordered a 21 Ram Sport back in March and at that time i was told that the one option that wasnt available due to chip shortage was the lane detect alert...i was told if i selected this option my truck would be built and put on the shelf waiting for the chip...so i opted out of this option even though i would have prefered to have it....fast forward to today...i have been switched to a 22 now and my old colour max steel has not been carried forward so i have had to change it to Granite Crystal ....hope to see a truck late September early October

RamCanuck

Reaction score
Another fellow Canadian here....ordered a 21 Ram Sport back in March and at that time i was told that the one option that wasnt available due to chip shortage was the lane detect alert...i was told if i selected this option my truck would be built and put on the shelf waiting for the chip...so i opted out of this option even though i would have prefered to have it....fast forward to today...i have been switched to a 22 now and my old colour max steel has not been carried forward so i have had to change it to Granite Crystal ....hope to see a truck late September early October
Good to know!
Did you select the dual sun-roof? I wonder if that had been affected by any way.

Users who are viewing this thread