5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
just joined. had a 1995 Ram that the ECU died and so I ordered a new 1500 bighorn.
Dealer said order should go through as a 2021. What do you all think?
or am I screwed.
waiting on a vin.
If you just ordered it it'll be a MY22. Send @Eighty your VIN once you get it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
just joined. had a 1995 Ram that the ECU died and so I ordered a new 1500 bighorn.
Dealer said order should go through as a 2021. What do you all think?
or am I screwed.
waiting on a vin.
When did you order? If it was after May 5th, then you’re getting a 2022. Unless the dealer had an existing order that you’re buying.
Your VIN will tell the tale. If digits 10-11 are MN then you have a 2021. If they’re NN, then you have a 2022.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I built it on the ram web site and took the papers to dealer and they ordered it based on the print out of the web site and everything said 2021. ordered on aug 25.
we will see. if I get everything on the paper work it will be ok even if it is 2022.
did anything change for 2022?

davemb

Reaction score
Placed my order 8/18 1500 Laramie 4x2 Patriot Blue with Level B Group Status:D Last 6: 156231

Hoping for Christmas

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I built it on the ram web site and took the papers to dealer and they ordered it based on the print out of the web site and everything said 2021. ordered on aug 25.
we will see. if I get everything on the paper work it will be ok even if it is 2022.
did anything change for 2022?
You're definitely getting a 2022. The biggest change is U Connect 5.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I'm hoping they don't put U-connect 4 on the early ones to use up the left-overs.
Not saying impossible, but unlikely. They (FCA/Stellantis) gauge their orders of this stuff pretty close. They need to "hold back" a certain amount of them also for parts/warranty stock. It WOULD be a deal breaker for me if they did that for sure!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
does that mean it's built (but missing parts?) and waiting to ship or move into Kxx status?
It’s not that complex of a code. Just means it’s been shipped to storage. I’m sure there’s a ton of internal notes that aren’t seen outside of the plant.

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
So, should we be seeing some statuses changing today due to line opening? Or is that still in future?

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Does any have info on the light that might be added by the tailgate release? I saw one mention of it here somewhere! I guess ford or chevy already has it.
I'm probably the one that's mentioned the "Trailer Hitch Light". I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show on the 10th Anniv. Limited. Here's a pic: 2021-07-18 14.58.14.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really hope this will be on my truck, i ordered limited longhorn with tow package 📦
Pretty sure I saw an article that said (as part of the order simplification changes) the tailgate light would be excluded on Limiteds with the tow package. But it would be included on Bighorns with ORP. Excluded on Laramie with Night Edition, and included on Rebels with Ram Boxes. And TRX’s get two lights with Level 2.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw an article that said (as part of the order simplification changes) the tailgate light would be excluded on Limiteds with the tow package. But it would be included on Bighorns with ORP. Excluded on Laramie with Night Edition, and included on Rebels with Ram Boxes. And TRX’s get two lights with Level 2.
That doesn't seem simple at all. What about a truck with ramboxes, ORP and tow package? It's madness and I kinda like it 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread